testtest

Springfield 911: A CCW Shooting Star

I am a huge Springfield Armory fan. I have many Springfield guns. I personally carry the XDm's and XD Mod2's daily and trust my life with them.

I have a friend that bought a 911 based on my recommendation. He can't hit anything consistent past 7 yards. He usually shoots well as he qualifies yearly. So, I will have to shoot it to see if it is just him, or if it just doesn't have a tight pattern past 7 yards. I understand that the 911 is not a distance shooting firearm. However, he is telling me that he is all over the place after 7 yards. Perhaps the 911 is best for up close personal defense?

Anyone have any first hand experience with the 911? What grouping are you getting at what yardage?

I would like to see Springfield Armory make a small .380 version of the HellCat with 13 round magazine. The .380 has the ballistics of 38 special and with the specialty Ammo produced today in that caliber should fair well on the market today. The price point of around $375.00 they would sell out quickly.

I would like to see Springfield Armory make a small .380 version of the HellCat with 13 round magazine. The .380 has the ballistics of 38 special and with the specialty Ammo produced today in that caliber should fair well on the market today. The price point of around $375.00 they would sell out quickly.
If a .380 version of the Hellcat was made, and smaller, wouldn't that be called a derringer? 🤔 . Just a thought 😉

If a .380 version of the Hellcat was made, and smaller, wouldn't that be called a derringer? 🤔 . Just a thought 😉

The term "derringer" has come to refer to any small-sized handgun that is neither a revolver nor a semi/fully automatic pistol. It is not to be confused with mini-revolvers or pocket pistols, although some later derringers were manufactured with the pepperbox configuration.

The original Philadelphia Deringer was a muzzleloading percussion cap single-shot pistol introduced in 1825[1] by Henry Deringer. In total, approximately 15,000 Deringer pistols were manufactured.[2] All were single barrel pistols with back-action percussion locks, typically .41 caliber with rifled bores, and walnut stocks. Barrel length varied from 1.5 to 6 in (38 to 152 mm), and the hardware was commonly a copper-nickel alloy known as "German silver".

The term "derringer" (/ˈdɛrɪndʒər/) has become a genericized misspelling of the last name of Henry Deringer.[2] A derringer is generally the smallest usable handgun of a given caliber, and was frequently used by women, because it is easily concealable in a purse or as a stocking gun.[3]

Many copies of the original Philadelphia Deringer pistol were made by other gun makers worldwide, and the name was often misspelled; this misspelling soon became an alternative generic term for any pocket pistol, along with the generic phrase palm pistol, which Deringer's competitors invented and used in their advertising. With the advent of metallic cartridges, pistols produced in the modern form are still commonly called "derringers".[4]

Back