testtest

Springfield’s Powered-Up SAINT

AR 10 is a fine shooter I prefer a 20" to 24" barrel with a 1:8 to 1:10 Twist in the .308 & 6.5 Creed The .308 was designed around a 22 " Barrel 1:8 to 1:10 twist. Its Range is well beyond 700 meters.

• Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, match, M118 (United States): 173-grain (11.2 g) 7.62×51mm NATO full metal jacket boat-tail round specifically designed for Match purposes. The round was introduced as the XM118 match in 1963 and was produced at both Frankford Arsenal and Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. It was standardized as M118 match in mid-1965. It used the same bullet as the .30-06 Springfield M72 match ball round, match-grade brass cartridges, and used fitted No. 43 primers. Production ceased at Frankford in 1965 but continued at Lake City until the early 1980s. Lake City used dedicated equipment to produce the ammo up until the mid-1970s and during that time the quality of the ammunition was quite good. When they ceased using dedicated machinery the quality of the ammo had a very noticeable decline.

• Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, ball, special, M118 (United States): 173-grain (11.2 g) 7.62×51mm NATO full metal jacket boat-tail round specifically designed for match purposes. Produced by Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. This is an interim match round which utilized standard M80 ball brass cartridges with the 173-grain (11.2 g) full-metal jacketed ball boat-tailed (FMJBT) bullet and staked No. 34 or No. 36 primers. During this period in the early to late 1980s, the performance of the round declined. Powder, primers, and brass were the same as standard ball rounds; bullets and powder charges varied in weight due to worn machinery and poor quality control. Since it could not be called "match" due to its erratic trajectory, it was renamed "special ball". Snipers used to test shoot batches of ammo, find a batch that shot well (or at least consistently), then zeroed their weapon to that batch and tried to procure as much of that ammo as possible.
  • Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, ball, special, M118LR (United States): 175-grain (11.3 g) 7.62×51mm NATO match-grade round specifically designed for long-range sniping. It uses a 175-grain (11.3 g) Sierra Match King hollow-point boat-tail bullet. Produced at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. The propellant's noticeable muzzle flash and temperature sensitivity led to the development of the MK 316 MOD 0 for special operations use.
Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm special ball, long-range, MK 316 MOD 0 (United States): A 175-grain (11.3 g) round specifically designed for long-range sniping consisting of Sierra MatchKing hollow-point boat-tail projectiles, Federal Cartridge Company match cartridge cases and Gold Medal match primers. The propellant has been verified as IMR 4064 (per NSN 1305-01-567-6944 and Federal Cartridge Company Contract/Order Number N0016408DJN28 and has a charge weight per the specs of 41.745-grain (2.7 g).

• AA11 (7.62mm ball M118LR): 20-round carton (M118 long-range ball). There are 20 boxes per M2A1 ammo can (400 rounds) and two ammo cans per wire-bound crate (800 rounds). Used in precision match, designated marksman, and sniper rifles.
  • AA11 (7.62mm armor-piercing ): Used in sniper rifles.

AR 10 is a fine shooter I prefer a 20" to 24" barrel with a 1:8 to 1:10 Twist in the .308 & 6.5 Creed The .308 was designed around a 22 " Barrel 1:8 to 1:10 twist. Its Range is well beyond 700 meters.

• Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, match, M118 (United States): 173-grain (11.2 g) 7.62×51mm NATO full metal jacket boat-tail round specifically designed for Match purposes. The round was introduced as the XM118 match in 1963 and was produced at both Frankford Arsenal and Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. It was standardized as M118 match in mid-1965. It used the same bullet as the .30-06 Springfield M72 match ball round, match-grade brass cartridges, and used fitted No. 43 primers. Production ceased at Frankford in 1965 but continued at Lake City until the early 1980s. Lake City used dedicated equipment to produce the ammo up until the mid-1970s and during that time the quality of the ammunition was quite good. When they ceased using dedicated machinery the quality of the ammo had a very noticeable decline.

• Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, ball, special, M118 (United States): 173-grain (11.2 g) 7.62×51mm NATO full metal jacket boat-tail round specifically designed for match purposes. Produced by Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. This is an interim match round which utilized standard M80 ball brass cartridges with the 173-grain (11.2 g) full-metal jacketed ball boat-tailed (FMJBT) bullet and staked No. 34 or No. 36 primers. During this period in the early to late 1980s, the performance of the round declined. Powder, primers, and brass were the same as standard ball rounds; bullets and powder charges varied in weight due to worn machinery and poor quality control. Since it could not be called "match" due to its erratic trajectory, it was renamed "special ball". Snipers used to test shoot batches of ammo, find a batch that shot well (or at least consistently), then zeroed their weapon to that batch and tried to procure as much of that ammo as possible.
  • Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm, NATO, ball, special, M118LR (United States): 175-grain (11.3 g) 7.62×51mm NATO match-grade round specifically designed for long-range sniping. It uses a 175-grain (11.3 g) Sierra Match King hollow-point boat-tail bullet. Produced at Lake City Army Ammunition Plant. The propellant's noticeable muzzle flash and temperature sensitivity led to the development of the MK 316 MOD 0 for special operations use.
Cartridge, caliber 7.62mm special ball, long-range, MK 316 MOD 0 (United States): A 175-grain (11.3 g) round specifically designed for long-range sniping consisting of Sierra MatchKing hollow-point boat-tail projectiles, Federal Cartridge Company match cartridge cases and Gold Medal match primers. The propellant has been verified as IMR 4064 (per NSN 1305-01-567-6944 and Federal Cartridge Company Contract/Order Number N0016408DJN28 and has a charge weight per the specs of 41.745-grain (2.7 g).

• AA11 (7.62mm ball M118LR): 20-round carton (M118 long-range ball). There are 20 boxes per M2A1 ammo can (400 rounds) and two ammo cans per wire-bound crate (800 rounds). Used in precision match, designated marksman, and sniper rifles.
Good bit of info here! 😁👍

Nice article mike !

Love my Saint .308
I use an FN FAL as well, and the saint Victor loaded with optic is 1/2 the weight of my FN loaded with optic .

Springfield hit the ball out of the park with the Victor .308.

A0100DA6-A573-4D85-93D1-9ADCD28A7030.jpeg
B1031856-AC99-407B-93E6-F83B53D45EA1.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200314_165350.jpg
    20200314_165350.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
Awesome is an under statement. A .308 that comes in under 8 lbs with full length hand guard, great trigger, BCM furniture and BUIS at $1400.00. My newest .308 is titanium Cerakote and just over 8 lbs
What optics are you putting on that rifle? I recommend the Primary Arms SLx 3-18x50mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR-308 SKU: PA3-18X50FFP-ACSS-HUD-DMR-308.

ACSS banner.jpg

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary...pe-gen-3-illuminated-acss-hud-dmr-308-reticle

The Primary Arms Advanced Combined Sighting System reticles are simply the most advanced reticles in the world. Standing on the shoulders of proven reticle technologies of the past, ACSS combines the most useful reticle concepts into one easy to use system that is fast, instinctive, and easy to learn.

THE ACSS RETICLE & HORSESHOE/CHEVRON CENTER:
Unlike a crosshair that obscures the target at its intersection or a dot that covers the target, many ACSS reticles feature a chevron aiming point.
The chevron creates an infinitely small point of aim while allowing the shooter to see the desired impact area. A thick horseshoe surrounding the center aiming point provides a quick aiming reference for close quarters "snap shooting" in a hurry.

THE ACSS RETICLE & BULLET DROP COMPENSATION:
ACSS bullet drop compensation allows shooters to reach out to extended ranges depending on caliber and application. In some reticles the BDC allows accurate engagement all the way to 1000 yards without counting clicks on a turret.

THE ACSS RETICLE & WIND HOLDS:
Precision shooters say that, "amateurs talk about bullet drop, professionals talk about wind calls." Many ACSS reticles include wind hold dots alongside the BDC, making accurate shots possible in windy conditions. There is no need to manually adjust the scope, or perform any calculations.

THE ACSS RETICLE & MOVING TARGET LEADS:
Movers are the most challenging targets a hunter or competitive shooter may encounter. When faced with a moving target, some shooters will give up on the shot, and others will "Kentucky windage" their best guess and take an uncertain shot.

Many ACSS reticles feature simple moving target leads optimized for targets moving across the shooter's field of view at distances of 100-300 yards. ACSS HUD DMR reticles extend this capability out to 600 yards for targets moving at a variety of speeds.

THE ACSS RETICLE & AUTOMATIC RANGE ESTIMATION:
Wrong range estimation is the number one reason that distant targets are missed out in the field. ACSS auto-ranging reticles can vertically range targets in moments, providing vital information that the shooter can easily translate to the reticle's bullet drop compensation feature. Horizontal auto-ranging is built right into the BDC resulting in a range-and-engage system of unparalleled speed and accuracy.

These practical features give the ACSS reticle a tremendous advantage over competitor reticles that "look cool" but offer no advanced functionality. ACSS gives shooters the ability to ignore their scope turrets entirely for the vast majority of engagements.

Range estimation, bullet drop calculation, and wind compensation are dealt with in moments while the shooter looks through the optic at the target, without moving their hands away from a ready to fire position. There is simply no other reticle system that accomplishes everything ACSS does.

You can only find ACSS reticles in Primary Arms Optics products and co-branded products distributed and sold exclusively by Primary Arms.

Has any member here changed out the factory flash suppresser/brake on their Saint .308? I bought my Saint .308 last year to hunt deer with. I was very pleased with all of its features and performance. For my purposes I would have also liked to have an 18" or 20" barrel. My only issue with this rifle is it is very loud when shooting without hearing protection. I would get a sound suppresser, but suppressers may soon be illegal to own in my state. After an internet search I am considering a Norveske KX5 flash suppressor. Folks who have them say the KX5 directs more of the blast/noise out in front and not back on the shooter. Does anyone here have any experience with these, and will they work on the Saint AR10 without an issue?

Has any member here changed out the factory flash suppresser/brake on their Saint .308? I bought my Saint .308 last year to hunt deer with. I was very pleased with all of its features and performance. For my purposes I would have also liked to have an 18" or 20" barrel. My only issue with this rifle is it is very loud when shooting without hearing protection. I would get a sound suppresser, but suppressers may soon be illegal to own in my state. After an internet search I am considering a Norveske KX5 flash suppressor. Folks who have them say the KX5 directs more of the blast/noise out in front and not back on the shooter. Does anyone here have any experience with these, and will they work on the Saint AR10 without an issue?

I’ve run a KX3 on a 556 short barrel, and it does a good job, especially outdoors.

Says it’s rated for .308, so I’d give it a try.

Give Ultradyne a try. Next too my Lantec the recoil is 0, even on a 11.5" barrel! Noise is another issue! Get a linear comp for noise direction forward.

I have only 1 m118 chamber, but I would/wish make all of my 762s that way. Best chamber ever! Pmags with 2.830" gen3 works great. Best and most accurate 762 barrel I have!
15935678632094375024066280590406.jpg

Great article Mike and although my AR10 in .308 is not a Saint I absolutely love the AR10 platform and that round, incredibly fun to shoot. Love to see that steel plate swing even at 250 yards.

Back