testtest

2nd class with Bill the Jarhead.

Mechanical/hydraulic issues with a center pivot system. It's taking 2 days to dry out due to watering in 1 place for 18 hours (864,000fallons of water). My crop is 8.5' tall full of pigs(just hiding in there, not destroying it) and will have to walk 1,320' of very heavy forage. Just for measurement pic added (I'm 5'9" for reference)View attachment 19622
Dayum. Hope it all works out for you without too much back breaking work buddy.

Now that you said pigs I'm pretty sure @KillerFord1977 is going to be trying to get you to let him come and kill them all. ;) 🤣

Mechanical/hydraulic issues with a center pivot system. It's taking 2 days to dry out due to watering in 1 place for 18 hours (864,000 gallons of water). My crop is 8.5' tall full of pigs(just hiding in there, not destroying it) and will have to walk 1,320' of very heavy forage. Just for measurement pic added (I'm 5'9" for reference)View attachment 19622
Sorry brother

Some of you may remember last month I finally got in the regular rotation for some courses with a retired Marine and current Police captain/instructor. I'll spare you all the minute details from the first class other than to say I enjoyed it very much. The next course is tomorrow morning and I am stoked. This one is Advanced CCW 2. I took Advanced CCW 1 with my .45 ACP Shield M 2.0 and it performed exemplary. This time I am using my VP9. Not only to save money on ammo, but also because I love the gun and I shoot it very well. I have been chomping at the bit waiting for this class and since his work schedule affords only limited scheduling of courses I'm going to talk to him about some private lessons. He charges $35/hr. which I think is totally reasonable. I'm dying to take some shotgun and carbine courses.

Anyway, tomorrow is going to be a fun day.
Have a blast tomorrow bassbob

@TEXASforLIFE what is it like trying to harvest with all those pigs? Do they get rolled up in the picker-combiner-roller-baler thing use you?
Sorry, not very farm literate.
No, but it was no fun having a deer stuck in a swather (mower with 2 horizontal rolls that crimp the crop as it goes threw) and didn't have reversers that will unclog the rolls. It did die unfortunately. Have baled rettlesnakes before and left the bale in the field (marked it just for reminder).

...He has never once had us fully load a magazine. it's always some shite like 3 mags, 6 rounds each or something. I'm not sure why he does that but whatever.....

Some instructors run their evolutions with a specific number of rounds so that they can keep all students on-pace (i.e. other students with lower-capacity guns) and/or have the students all end at cleared guns, prior to insuring clear to proceed off-range.

Others try to maximize repetitions for emergency reloads by down-loading magazines.

Yup.

This is always fun for me, too.

Sometimes it's an advantage, others, well, less so. 😅

It was weird when slicing the pie from the right side for me. For most of my life I shot the same way typical right handers shoot. I only realized I was cross eye dominant 3 or 4 years ago. Since then I trained myself to shoot with both eyes open and I cock my head slightly to the right so the front sight is lined up with my left eye. So when I was popping out on the right I wasn't in totally unfamiliar territory and I did pretty well, although it felt strange. I shot better from the left though. I didn't need much coaching to shoot with my left (support) hand since it's something I have been incorporating into my range time for years now.

Back