testtest

300 Black Out Reload (First Batch)

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
If these fly as good as they look we'll have a good old time Tuesday at the range. Would go Monday but got to get our taxes done before the rest of the family start dragging theirs over.....
300 BO Reloads2.jpg

125gr Speer TNT, 15gr Enforcer, COAL 2.063, Approx 2000fps
As it's my first rodeo with the cartridge it's on the weaker side for the powder.

The flat base Speer were not a problem to seat. A Lee Universal expander die came
with the Sabot set up (I ordered everything) and it didn't take but only slight expansion
and the Speer seated just fine.

Last edited:
I am running 17.0 grains of W296 under that same Speer TNT-seem to be an accurate load for that bullet-out of a CMMG 1:8 Stainless barrel.
The 296 and Lil'Gun are pretty close to the same performer. Enforcer is a tad bit faster.
I think my main issue is I don't have any sm rifle mag primers available as yet.
Preferably would be some CCI #41's.

The 296 and Lil'Gun are pretty close to the same performer. Enforcer is a tad bit faster.
I think my main issue is I don't have any sm rifle mag primers available as yet.
Preferably would be some CCI #41's.
I have not used any mag primers as of yet in any 300 load-but so far the limit of mt testing has been with 296 and H110 which is the same as W296.
I have also tried a load with Alliant 2400-not a good performer-am staying away from loads with this.

Mag primers are designed too work with mag powders for best performance! I have loaded some 110, 123 and 135 gr on post 31, 32 and 63 on our exclusive, hahahaaa thread! The one with 99+% us only!!!! All of them have cci450 primers. I'll get back on the testing outcome! Time too go haul hay, Fort Worth on my mind this weekend!

Back