testtest

300 BLK questions

Or so I recently posted about my 300 AAC pistol build. Mechanically it's finished.

I'm trying to understand foregrip laws. Any help there?

For home defense I can't decide on 300 AAC subs or supers and am thinking open tip subs or frangible which I believe would be supersonic. Suggestions would be helpful. I'm leaning towards frangibles.

Are slings legal on ar pistols? If so I have one in mind which I use on my rifle

Or so I recently posted about my 300 AAC pistol build. Mechanically it's finished.

I'm trying to understand foregrip laws. Any help there?

For home defense I can't decide on 300 AAC subs or supers and am thinking open tip subs or frangible which I believe would be supersonic. Suggestions would be helpful. I'm leaning towards frangibles.

Are slings legal on ar pistols? If so I have one in mind which I use on my rifle
Vertical foregrips are a big no but angled foregrips are allegedly ok for now.

I would recommend you use subsonic ammo for an HD setup so in the unfortunate event you may need to use your .300 pistol you would have a much less chance of major permanent hearing damage. It only takes one shot from a rifle caliber firearm indoors for you to be permanently affected.

There are some subsonic self-defense rounds available for .300blk that have a really good amount of expansion for a slow moving round. I use Hornady Sub-X in .300blk for my go to HD tool.

I am not a lawyer or legal expert on the laws regarding AR pistols so always do your own research on the subjects that can get you in legal trouble.

20211207_190325.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the opportunity to suppress your .300blk and use subsonic ammo that would be the most ideal situation for an HD setup.

There's no reason to cause you or other friendlies any possible acoustic trauma while trying to protect yourself or them when you can possibly avoid it.

Last edited:
Vertical foregrips are a big no but angled foregrips are allegedly ok for now.

I would recommend you use subsonic ammo for an HD setup so in the unfortunate event you may need to use your .300 pistol you would have a much less chance of major permanent hearing damage. It only takes one shot from a rifle caliber firearm indoors for you to be permanently affected.

There are some subsonic self-defense rounds available for .300blk that have a really good amount of expansion for a slow moving round. I use Hornady Sub-X in .300blk for my go to HD tool.

I am not a lawyer or legal expert on the laws regarding AR pistols so always do your own research on the subjects that can get you in legal trouble.

View attachment 22836
In addition to angled foregrips being OK, Handstops are also currently legal to attach.

In addition to angled foregrips being OK, Handstops are also currently legal to attach.
Good point!

Yes they are and I personally prefer a handstop over an angled handgrip so I can grip the top of the free float handguard with my thumb to control muzzle rise easier. The angled foregrip makes the overall depth of the handguard to thick to adequately wrap your hand around and it just adds another thing that could help your weapon snag onto something you don't want it to In close quarters.

I'm not big fan of unnecessary accessories and I tend to keep my firearms with less items on them to avoid complications and weight.

Flashlights are good to go with the right setup.

Last edited:
Good point!

Yes they are and I personally prefer a handstop over an angled handgrip so I can grip the top of the free float handguard with my thumb to control muzzle rise easier. The angled foregrip makes the overall depth of the handguard to thick to adequately wrap your hand around and it just adds another thing that could help your weapon snag onto something you don't want it to In close quarters.

I'm not big into unnecessary accessories.
I like using AFGs, but the barrel/handguard has to be long enough to support it (>7" for me to be comfortable with it). For my 4-5" barrel PCCs, I agree, handstops are the way to go to get a good solid C clamp grip around the handguard & up against the handstop.

I like using AFGs, but the barrel/handguard has to be long enough to support it (>7" for me to be comfortable with it). For my 4-5" barrel PCCs, I agree, handstops are the way to go to get a good solid C clamp grip around the handguard & up against the handstop.
I use barricade handstops on a few firearms. Arisaka defense makes a pretty nice barricade style handstop for M-LOK and Keymod attachment.

I finally got my CH and can CONFIRM that I had feeding issues with the ogive catching on the magazine in a hexmag using 220 grain FMJ. Going to try using a pmag and see how that works. Just thought I'd update in regards to that

Back