testtest

300BO and all your answers......well most of them

SMSgtRod and I seem too have a wealth of knowledge on the subject! Ask and you shall receive! From powders, bullets, crimping and primer selection. Some of our beliefs might not be the same, but you can decide on your load. I have 2 Aero Precision 8.5" 1/8 twist barrels and 1 16" barrel for velocity testing.

Guess I missed this.... Mine is a 7.5". I got that length because it's loud, has a nice muzzle flash and is very easy to move through door and hall ways for clearing my residence should it be necessary.

.300 Blackout out of a 16.5 " 1;8 twist Bolt action Remington 783 Heavy carbine barrel is very accurate and has much more velocity at 200-300 yards than the short-barreled pistol with a much tighter shot group. I used this on Feral Hogs and it worked well my friend loaded some Hard Cast lead ammo with a gas check 150 GRAIN flat nose HP for me and it delivered a devastating lethal wound to the Hog. He shoots a 10.5 " AR-15 Pistol and used the Hard cast lead gas check 150-grain flat nose hp bullet at a closer range and it worked well also. But I prefer the longer barrel bolt rifle to the AR-15 Pistol in that caliber, the recoil in very little. With the subsonic bullets and a suppressor on the bolt rifle, the hogs didn't run away when a hog was hit at 100 yards you could hear the bullet hit the hog with a smack 1050 fps Hornady, Subsonic, .300 Blackout, Sub-X, 190 Grain is my favorite round suppressed. I also like the Hornady Custom, .300 AAC Blackout, FTX, 135 Grain, when shooting non suppressed. I have taken several Coyotes, Feral Pigs & Deer with this load with good results.

Took family member with me that last couple times the BO and I went to the range.
It's on my to do list..... have the new loads ready to go. Don't believe that they will
work the action..... we'll see...… one of these days...… soon......

Back