testtest

4.25 ronin 9mm slide hang up

Hello peeps, this is my first 1911 and already I don't think this is normal operation.
Every time I rack the slide it would hang up on this part.
Can someone tell me what this is and purpose?
1604801594114.png

1604801359317.png

The slide would go forward if I force it past that point.
What would be the remedy for this?

Ok, when the slide is off, can you push the disconnector down with your finger? If so, put a little oil, I mean just a drop, gun needs broke in more then likely, also, is the magazine in when this happens, if so, that’s normal because of the magazine is empty and it locks the slide open after last shot. That is the disconnector, that’s what resets your trigger for the next shot.

Last edited:
Lube the gun also, just don’t over do it, little goes a long way, put oil in the slide rails, and in the lug area inside of slide and a drop on the lugs on the barrel itself, and a drop around the outside of the muzzle area of the barrel.

Lube the gun also, just don’t over do it, little goes a long way, put oil in the slide rails, and in the lug area inside of slide and a drop on the lugs on the barrel itself, and a drop around the outside of the muzzle area of the barrel.
I’m the opposite when breaking in a new 1911...I run it wet, much wetter than I will after break in...grease and oil on the rails, a little grease on the muzzle, oil everywhere else (rule of thumb—if it slides, grease it, if it rotates, oil it). Will usually do this for 300-500 rounds before I detail strip & clean, and then go to normal lube regimen (similar to what you describe, but using grease in aforementioned areas).

For 1911’s I’d use oil and not grease, in case your using grease. WC even recommends oil over grease on 1911’s. Push down on the disconnector and see if you can feel it “hanging” up on the leaf spring that the disconnector contacts. If so you could polish that or give it a sight bevel. If you don’t feel it hanging up, running a couple hundred rounds and breaking it in could smooth or help things out.

I have a brand new out the box 5” Ronin in 9mm and I am having feed jamming issues. In fact, if I rack the slide back, hold it and barely let it move forward it will actually stop and hang there. If I wiggle the gun it will go ahead and slide forward. I field stripped it prior to running it and I too run a new 1911 wetter than normal to break it in, but I can’t get the gun to actually chamber a round on its own. If I manually add more pressure to the slide it will lock in a round, but jams again when fired. Since it is a Saturday I sent an email to SA warranty dept and I hope they can get it sorted out for me soon.

anyone else having feeding issues on a new Ronin 9mm, 5”? Using a SA mag and Wilson combat mags, they all jam. Musing factory Ammo that I run in other guns and in my 45 cap so I am not hanging this on a cheap Ammo.

Last edited:
Jams when fired...and there is no babying the slide. I am racking it back and letting it go...it just will not chamber a round. I also run a 1911 45, so I am not timid with it.

Try Chip McCormick 9mm mags. They've worked for me.

I've had issues with 9mm Wilson mags, and who knows what manufacturer that SA gets there 9mm mags from.

Back