testtest

Hellcat Night Vision? The Surefire XSC WeaponLight

I understand the need for a good weapons light. I have a Protech on my XD 40 home gun. The Hellcat is nice and so is the Shield, the stream light and a set of night sights, but, add all that together and your talking over $1500. For that amount of money I'm going to upgrade into a Dan Wesson.

Really like the look of this light as Surefire is known for making great products and have made a model expressly designed for the Hellcat. The price as well as the fact that it protrudes beyond the barrel and intrudes slightly into the trigger guard leaves me on the fence about buying at this point. Time will tell.

At $329 it's nearly a dollar per lumen. There are better lights available that offer twice as many lumens for 1/3rd the cost. Not sure what they were thinking when they made this at this price point. If it were say, $80 I'd consider it.

At $329 it's nearly a dollar per lumen. There are better lights available that offer twice as many lumens for 1/3rd the cost. Not sure what they were thinking when they made this at this price point. If it were say, $80 I'd consider it.
SureFire products are expensive but there is a cost for quality and they are quality products.

SureFire products are expensive but there is a cost for quality and they are quality products.

I don't doubt their product is high quality since they have the nerve to charge so much for it, but it's just a WML I don't need it to make me breakfast and do my laundry. I need it to sit on my gun, function reliably, and put out lumens. A PL-mini 2 can do all 3 of these things for $80 and it puts out nearly 2x the amount of lumens. I don't see any advantage in going for the $329 WML that has inferior output to the $80 option.

Back