testtest

45 ACP Brass

This company has competitive pricing and excellent customer service.

This company has competitive pricing and excellent customer service.

I've exclusively used their 9mm and .45acp bullets for decades. I've always bought them from Midway and have never been disappointed. Along with that about 20yrs ago I bought 2000 once fired 9mm brass from Midway, boy was I surprised when it showed up. It was all 9mm +p+ stamped. I've loaded those about 20 times and most of them are still going strong. I've loaded them a little hot but nothing +p+ by far. I always wondered where they came from. Although I've never looked real hard I yet to come across new never fired +p+ brass for sale from all the junk mail or whatnot on email or mailbox.

I've exclusively used their 9mm and .45acp bullets for decades. I've always bought them from Midway and have never been disappointed. Along with that about 20yrs ago I bought 2000 once fired 9mm brass from Midway, boy was I surprised when it showed up. It was all 9mm +p+ stamped. I've loaded those about 20 times and most of them are still going strong. I've loaded them a little hot but nothing +p+ by far. I always wondered where they came from. Although I've never looked real hard I yet to come across new never fired +p+ brass for sale from all the junk mail or whatnot on email or mailbox.
Was it Federal nickel plated?

Was it Federal nickel plated?
No plain Brass. It was Remington I just went and dug up some of the loaded rounds.
What I meant by "where they came from" was if I was able to get 2000 and others got the same brass, not everyone out there is shooting +p+ and walking away without picking up that quality brass. Or was I the luck one who got all of it? We all know that is darn near impossible/improbable

No plain Brass. It was Remington I just went and dug up some of the loaded rounds.
What I meant by "where they came from" was if I was able to get 2000 and others got the same brass, not everyone out there is shooting +p+ and walking away without picking up that quality brass. Or was I the luck one who got all of it? We all know that is darn near impossible/improbable
It was undoubtedly from a single agency/police department that issued 9mm +p+; they train with the same loads and sell the brass afterwards.

I asked if it was Federal stamped because the USBP issued the Federal 9BPLE 115+p+ load for a long time before they went to .40.

If you have an indoor range nearby check them out. Ours sell once fired brass by the thousands dirt cheap
matter of fact, yesterday i went to the range, then to thier store later. on the shelf they had bags of brass, that they have not had in months.

they "recycle" some, and sell some, as i imagine many ranges do.

i'd guess that there just wasn't enough for them to recycle, let alone sell.

It was undoubtedly from a single agency/police department that issued 9mm +p+; they train with the same loads and sell the brass afterwards.

I asked if it was Federal stamped because the USBP issued the Federal 9BPLE 115+p+ load for a long time before they went to .40.
I do believe our State Police did in fact about that time period used 9mm +p+ loads at that time frame. Someone else thought it may have been military as about the same time frame MP5's were in use and prevailing thoughts at the time was they also used 9mm+p+ ammo in them.
Either way it is good stout brass. I wish I could buy more at the same cost 😉

One of our police departments sold 5 gallon buckets of brass about a year ago. I didnt need any then. I will have to keep watch. I will also check out some ranges and see if they sell it.

I do believe our State Police did in fact about that time period used 9mm +p+ loads at that time frame. Someone else thought it may have been military as about the same time frame MP5's were in use and prevailing thoughts at the time was they also used 9mm+p+ ammo in them.
Either way it is good stout brass. I wish I could buy more at the same cost 😉
Military MP5's run 124gr NATO ball, except in very special circumstances...with the special circumstances caveat a fairly recent thing...and not a whole lot of military units run MP5's.

More likely it was from either your state police or something similar.

I checked one of the local ranges snd they don't sell used brass.
My club is primarily trap and skeet. Most brass I get is what I shoot.
I may get 10-15 brass cases.

Back