testtest

45acp Enforcer

Good Morning Texas,

The obvious question is velocity required for application. Standard velocity 230 grain .45 ACP is more than sufficient for bipedal vermin. I use Fed 230 grain HST LE +P for bear defense. From memory alone, it has a velocity of ~1000 FPS, more than sufficient to penetrate any bear's skull and break its shoulders.

Since 99.9999% of our handgun shooting is punching holes through paper and fun, recreational plinking, minimum loads are more than sufficient. They produce less recoil which translates to more shooting fun for kids and less stress on my handguns.

I still can't fully understand why a few hunters are enamored of ultra-high velocity cartridges; e.g., the .300 RUM. It won't kill big game any deader than the far more efficient and pleasant to shoot .308 Win. I'd much rather carry a lightweight .308 Win rifle at Rocky Mountain altitude than a much heavier mega magnum.

BTW, except for .38 Special ammo, it has to be close to a decade since I've loaded handgun ammo. The agency from which I'm retired allows me to shoot its factory range ammo free. My former agency does not allow its cops to carry revolvers, so it doesn't buy .38 Special ammo. In fact, I know of no First World country that allows its cops to carry revolvers. I'd be surprised that Third World banana republic cops carry revolvers.

Another BTW, my .38 Special loads are at minimum.

Good Morning Texas,

The obvious question is velocity required for application. Standard velocity 230 grain .45 ACP is more than sufficient for bipedal vermin. I use Fed 230 grain HST LE +P for bear defense. From memory alone, it has a velocity of ~1000 FPS, more than sufficient to penetrate any bear's skull and break its shoulders.

Since 99.9999% of our handgun shooting is punching holes through paper and fun, recreational plinking, minimum loads are more than sufficient. They produce less recoil which translates to more shooting fun for kids and less stress on my handguns.

I still can't fully understand why a few hunters are enamored of ultra-high velocity cartridges; e.g., the .300 RUM. It won't kill big game any deader than the far more efficient and pleasant to shoot .308 Win. I'd much rather carry a lightweight .308 Win rifle at Rocky Mountain altitude than a much heavier mega magnum.

BTW, except for .38 Special ammo, it has to be close to a decade since I've loaded handgun ammo. The agency from which I'm retired allows me to shoot its factory range ammo free. My former agency does not allow its cops to carry revolvers, so it doesn't buy .38 Special ammo. In fact, I know of no First World country that allows its cops to carry revolvers. I'd be surprised that Third World banana republic cops carry revolvers.

The officers guarding the Constitution, Declaration and other important documents at the National Archives are packing revolvers...witnessed first hand 3-4 years ago when my wife & I went to DC.

And that’s not private security.

The US Capitol Police Department carries either the Glock 17 or the Glock 22.

US National Park Police carry the Glock 22.

Hans, it appears as though what you saw were contracted security employees.

Good Morning Texas,

Well thanks for your thoughts and reply! I can see both sides of the fence on this. 1st could be accuracy loss, but the 2nd gives you more distance if need be and 3rd you never know what the situation will be? If your world has the exact same routine with same people, environment and no other variables then 1 can carry the perfect round. An added note the xtp was @ 116% and before "Quickload is not 100% accurate". I don't have any Enforcer and this was just and article I came across for anyone interested.

The officers guarding the Constitution, Declaration and other important documents at the National Archives are packing revolvers...witnessed first hand 3-4 years ago when my wife & I went to DC.

And that’s not private security.
The last time I saw any of the National Archives was in '80 (14 yo.) and I have no idea what they even carried back then? Seems like Agencies change issued or accepted cartridges ever so often?

Back