testtest

45ACP. Published Load Data, Please

Latest load for 45ACP is one that works quite well.
230gr RMR TMJ, 6.3gr Auto-Comp, CCI LP, 850 FPS guesstimate, COAL 1.273"
Data from page 443 of the Lyman 50th Edition.
Have fired several hundred of these and they are fun. Have several hundred left to shoot! (y)

I'm weening my powders down to the one's I like. Having around (a lot) is way too much for what I shoot
but I wanted to try a bunch and have them for comparison. Well I have done that and I'm down to
16 or so.

230 grain Cast lead SWCHP over 5 grains of bullseye powder 25 YARD TARGET, HUNTING , SELF DEFENSE LOAD the soft lead opens up to half dollar size

Hey Guys. I am new to this. Just started reloading. I have the Lyman 8 turret press, and have ordered the Lyman 4500 lube and sizer. Just bought a 225 gr RN Lyman mold. Does anyone have advice re bullet sizing die for a new XDs mod 2? I also have an old (WWII) 1911 that I slugged at exactly 0.450. I have read a number of articles re people struggling with the XDs chambering. One guy switched from a 452 mold to a 451, but it was not clear if that or one of the several other changes he made (including shortening OAL) solved the issue. It sure would be great if I can use one die for both guns.

Hey Guys. I am new to this. Just started reloading. I have the Lyman 8 turret press, and have ordered the Lyman 4500 lube and sizer. Just bought a 225 gr RN Lyman mold. Does anyone have advice re bullet sizing die for a new XDs mod 2? I also have an old (WWII) 1911 that I slugged at exactly 0.450. I have read a number of articles re people struggling with the XDs chambering. One guy switched from a 452 mold to a 451, but it was not clear if that or one of the several other changes he made (including shortening OAL) solved the issue. It sure would be great if I can use one die for both guns.
I have noticed on lead having a .452 diameter, but not my area! If using gas checks not sure if size plays a factor?

OK. Thanks for trying. If anyone out there has a 455 Webley revolver, I have a Lyman mold for a 265 grain (273 with gas check) bullet, and 1000 cast bullets. I will try to size one down from the cast 459 to 452 which should take the weight down to around 257 (265 with gas check), which is close to the 45 255 gr bullet. Does anyone have load data for a 45 ACP 255 gr bullet? I don't have my lube and sizer yet (Lyman 4500 on back order), but I suspect taking off 0.009" in one shot will not be feasible and don't fell like buying an interim sizer, so will probably end up selling or re-melting. The other issue is that taking off 0.009" will probably remove the grease grooves.

Seated a lot of lead and fired everyone of them. Cleaned the lead out of the guns too.

Since entering the world of Fully Semi-Automatics I load nor shoot lead anymore.
Buy the time one casts and lubes lead you can take that time and money and buy
poly coated or Jacketed. I don't like poly or plated for autos as they require a large bell
to prevent shaving and then you have a the crimp issue.
TBH, I have found jacketed quite affordable to load. Not from LGS or Cabela's, found
on line. So I am shooting up the few thousand poly that I have loaded and going FMJ
all the way. There that's MHO and it may be mainly as I'm old, tired, lazy and cranky!! :ROFLMAO:

Back