testtest

Going Elite on the Cheap?

I purchased one of these models just over a month ago and I absolutely love it. There is no hype or BS in that article, it is all true. My local gun store had a price of $499 on it so I couldn't resist buying it. I will say that having a speed loader for the 20 round magazines is a good idea. Also field stripping this model is insanely easy.

I owned two of the XD-m models some years ago, and thought that they were OK, but eventually sold them off for something new. Once the Elite version came to market i just had to try again, and I'm so glad I did. I love my XD-m Elite as much or more than most any gun in my collection of guns, but like papa said above, "now make then in 10 mm and .45 ACP". I would be the first in line for a 10 mm Elite!

Last edited:
I’ve had my XDM Elite for a couple months now. I wish I had more rounds through it, but I’ve been conserving my ammo since the shortage started. It is a fantastic gun, and has been 100% reliable. The Elite is perfect for shooters with large hands. The only change I would make is the rear sight. I like the front fiber optic, but I just haven’t warmed up to the rear U-notch. I would prefer a blacked-out rear or even a three-dot system. It’s a very small gripe, and it’s not like a sight swap will be a major headache. I highly recommend picking one up if you can find one.

I took my compact out this afternoon and ran a box through it. Note. I'm trying to conserve ammo, but still need to get used to this new gun.

I'm really loving it so far. The trigger feels like it's getting better each time I visit the range. I've been doing a lot of dry fire in between range visits to work on my grip and trigger control. I actually like the tactical track u-dot sight. It allows me to pick up the front sight quicker than traditional sights.

Why do some people use a red dot? At close quarters. Unless it's a rescue.

I don’t know what you mean by “unless it’s a rescue” but MRDS, miniature red dot sights are quick(er) for most. I know some members here say they are not. You are putting one “dot” on target whereas with traditional sights you are aligning up the front and rear sights. With a MRDS, if your dot is on target, you will hit your target.

I don’t know what you mean by “unless it’s a rescue” but MRDS, miniature red dot sights are quick(er) for most. I know some members here say they are not. You are putting one “dot” on target whereas with traditional sights you are aligning up the front and rear sights. With a MRDS, if your dot is on target, you will hit your target.
in a rescue you don't want to kill the person, the red dot will let you know where your bullet going to hit. There more skill when not using the red dot, that
In a rescue you want to know you have the right target, there more skill in not using the red dot.

in a rescue you don't want to kill the person, the red dot will let you know where your bullet going to hit. There more skill when not using the red dot, that

In a rescue you want to know you have the right target, there more skill in not using the red dot.

Ok, I understand what “rescue” means in the term of the definition. I wasn’t understanding if you were using it in the same sense as a hostage type situation, but regardless, using a MRDS in comparison to sights, you still have to be on target. You can know you are on target with a MRDS or basic sights?

If it is a quicker acquisition to using a MRDS and one is using this setup for a rescue or on a hostage response team I, personally would want every benefit I could have and you stating there is more skill in using iron sights/pistol sights over MRDS why would someone in that type of situation not want something that would aid in quicker target acquisition?

Ok, I understand what “rescue” means in the term of the definition. I wasn’t understanding if you were using it in the same sense as a hostage type situation, but regardless, using a MRDS in comparison to sights, you still have to be on target. You can know you are on target with a MRDS or basic sights?

If it is a quicker acquisition to using a MRDS and one is using this setup for a rescue or on a hostage response team I, personally would want every benefit I could have and you stating there is more skill in using iron sights/pistol sights over MRDS why would someone in that type of situation not want something that would aid in quicker target acquisition?
It's a little bit like fishing some people use a pole, they just put it out. So boring... I love using a rod having to case out more skill.

I agree with the advantages of a red dot sight, but I'm just not there yet.

Back