testtest

5 Best Fighting Handguns Ever Made

Nice read on the 5 of the best fighting handguns ever made.

"I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy" ...and has a 12-minute delay from 911 till it goes off. If it shows up at all.

Of the five, only one has the rail. No rail, no service.

That Beretta is what I have except mine has wood. I was ready to sell it because it was rail-less, but I had it railed-up for 50 bucks at Maxon's. Tim did a fantastic job.

It's heavy, though.

Actually you really don’t need a rail unless you are planning or using a laser or light, it serves no other real purpose, I don’t care for rails myself, but that’s me. You don’t like my cop and heavy saying........

The chassis systems that have been coming out lately have been using the rail as a locking point for the chassis.

Actually you really don’t need a rail unless you are planning or using a laser or light, it serves no other real purpose, I don’t care for rails myself, but that’s me. You don’t like my cop and heavy saying........
I love my light+laser. With that combo, I can shoot from any position and keep the gun away from my face. Somehow, I tend to blink when it is about to go boom. Not good. From the hip, no problema.

Yea, I could say the same, not really a Beretta fan, definitely not a Sig fan.....but....that’s my opinion.

Well, you guessed mine that didn't make the cut.

#1 - Just because the US Army adopted the M17/320 and the Beretta doens't make those two the best. Plenty of pistols have been adopted by a military that doesn't make them the best.

#2 - IMO the Beretts is a brick, plus it's open slide makes it vulberable for crap to get inside. Plus, I know enough vets that have told me Beretta horror stories.

#3 - The M17/320 is far too new to call it one of the best, plus it's had developmental/QC issues.

The author has his opinions and that's what they are on the two.

IMO, the Sig P226 & CZ-75 have stood the test of time better than the Beretta & M17/320.

Last edited:
Well, you guessed mine that didn't make the cut.

#1 - Just because the US Army adopted the M17/320 and the Beretta doens't make those two the best. Plenty of pistols have been adopted by a military that doesn't make them the best.

#2 - IMO the Beretts is a brick, plus it's open slide makes it vulberable for crap to get inside. Plus, I know enought vets that have told me Beretta horror stories.

#3 - The M17/320 is far too new to call it one of the best, plus it's had developmental/QC issues.

The author has his opinions and that what they are on the two.
Agree completely

I don’t have a Hi-Power but the others I do. The Sig being a 320-X-Five. Very pleased with it. The M9, after training and using it I like it. I am a Glock fan, haven’t had any issues there.

It's hard to argue with the list. Even if best is totally subjective.

Since we're doing 3 out of 5 I'd ditch the Glock and the Beretta.

There was only one combat handgun: the 1911 to mature to the 1911-A1.

As far as double-action semis, the Sig P229 might be the best DA semi ever created. The Sig P220 .45 Auto is excellent, too.

Back