testtest

5 Reasons to Choose a 10mm for Self Defense

The irrefutable flaw of the author's five theories that strips credibility from his entertainment piece is that FBI Firearms Training Division proved that the .40 caliber was most efficacious for law enforcement use when firing 180 grain bullets at approx 1000 FPS. Hence, the 10MM produced diminishing returns. For self-defense, insignificant increased 10MM velocity produced no benefit.

Well I still want one in a XDm 3.8 compact, just like my .45acp.
I will say the author is correct on the ammo still available. Every time I go to the local gun store I keep asking myself why I don't have a 10 mm because that's all they have on the damn shelf.... Lol 😂😂

So I suppose it's not politically correct to have bought one of these then🔫
IMG_20201022_092128465.jpg

IMG_20201022_092115637.jpg

I'm a 40 fan and bought my first 10mm this year a XDM and I love it. Not that bad on recoil like I always heard.
Bear in mind there’s 10mm, and then there's 10mm...

For the most part, I agree with you...if all you are shooting is major label range fodder (typically a 180gr bullet between 1000-1100fps), it’s not going to feel much different than a .40; in fact, it might feel lighter, due to the larger/heavier 10mm platform. Same goes for a lot of the major label JHP’s, even the Winchester Silvertips.

But...get some Buffalo Bore, Underwood, or Doubletap 220+ gr being pushed to the ragged edge? You'll see what the fuss is about. ;)

For the most part, I agree with you...if all you are shooting is major label range fodder (typically a 180gr bullet between 1000-1100fps), it’s not going to feel much different than a .40; in fact, it might feel lighter, due to the larger/heavier 10mm platform. Same goes for a lot of the major label JHP’s, even the Winchester Silvertips.

But...get some Buffalo Bore, Underwood, or Doubletap 220+ gr being pushed to the ragged edge? You'll see what the fuss is about. ;)
If I remember right, when the first 10mm’s came out, I think Norma loaded the ammo, it was hotter then today’s 10mm, but like Han’s said get some of the bigger 10mm ammo, and yes, it’s kinda warmer then just regular factory fodder. Here is a good link on the original 10mm ammo from Norma.

If I remember right, when the first 10mm’s came out, I think Norma loaded the ammo, it was hotter then today’s 10mm, but like Han’s said get some of the bigger 10mm ammo, and yes, it’s kinda warmer then just regular factory fodder. Here is a good link on the original 10mm ammo from Norma.

Norma claimed 1200fps/200gr...but as I recall, it rarely lived up to it, was usually around 1100fps.

I bought some Buffalo Bore heavy outdoorsman 220 gr. hard cast fn at 1200fps and Buffalo Bore heavy 180 gr JHP at 1350 fps but haven't gotten a chance to shoot them. I pick up a box of Grizzly 200 gr JHP at 1250fps but never heard of them.

Back