testtest

How the Hellcat Wins Close Quarters Gunfights

Hi Mike,

Excellent article.

Annihilator and I recently discussed necessity of weak hand free at contact distance, which is the same as bad breath distance. At arm's reach distance, the probability of taking rounds is greatest, which is why weak hand free is crucial. A survivor should practice gun sweeps with a weak hand free while firing his self-defense handgun. Caveat: be darn sure to not shoot your free hand while practicing sweeps. The concept of free hand sweep is to get a threat's gun's muzzle swept away from a good guy.

It's a huge benefit to have a handgun that can be easily controlled with one hand, which is one of the reasons I believe the Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM to be magnum opus of self-defense handguns. However, the SA Hellcat appears to be the striker-fire magnum opus of self-defense handguns.

BTW, at very close distance, I was taught and prefer hip point. It's more difficult for a bad guy to disarm a good guy who has his handgun at hip point, and hip point is safest position (far less likely to shoot free hand) for free hand gun sweep.

But for the weight of my Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP, I would carry no other handgun. At bad breath distance, max damage with first shot is imperative. Destroying the gun hand shoulder joint of a bad guy at close distance, with almost 100% probability, will end a potentially deadly encounter. Destroying a threat's shoulder joint is not a fatal wound. That means a bad guy will always be reminded of his stupidity every time he blows his nose. There is no more excruciating pain that shoulder joint pain.

Hi Mike,

Excellent article.

Annihilator and I recently discussed necessity of weak hand free at contact distance, which is the same as bad breath distance. At arm's reach distance, the probability of taking rounds is greatest, which is why weak hand free is crucial. A survivor should practice gun sweeps with a weak hand free while firing his self-defense handgun. Caveat: be darn sure to not shoot your free hand while practicing sweeps. The concept of free hand sweep is to get a threat's gun's muzzle swept away from a good guy.

It's a huge benefit to have a handgun that can be easily controlled with one hand, which is one of the reasons I believe the Springfield Armory EMP 3 9MM to be magnum opus of self-defense handguns. However, the SA Hellcat appears to be the striker-fire magnum opus of self-defense handguns.

BTW, at very close distance, I was taught and prefer hip point. It's more difficult for a bad guy to disarm a good guy who has his handgun at hip point, and hip point is safest position (far less likely to shoot free hand) for free hand gun sweep.

But for the weight of my Springfield Armory TRP .45 ACP, I would carry no other handgun. At bad breath distance, max damage with first shot is imperative. Destroying the gun hand shoulder joint of a bad guy at close distance, with almost 100% probability, will end a potentially deadly encounter. Destroying a threat's shoulder joint is not a fatal wound. That means a bad guy will always be reminded of his stupidity every time he blows his nose. There is no more excruciating pain that shoulder joint pain.
I had both of my rotator cuffs surgically repaired, and I can only imagine the pain from a gunshot.

Hi David,

I have sincere empathy for you.

I've had more than a few rotator cuff surgeries.

The intent is to survive. A threat with a destroyed heart has 8 seconds of life remaining, more than too long to take his intended prey with him. However, with a destroyed strong side shoulder, the threat would be over immediately.

Back