testtest

6 Concealed Carry Self Defense Insurance Options

My # 1 choice is the NRA.
My understanding is that NRA Carry-guard is no longer in business. It was one that I looked at several years ago. But I went with USCCA since they seemed to offer a bit more in their Elite package. I’m a NRA Lifetime member, so I did give it serious consideration. But before they created the Carry-Guard program, they backed USCCA at their shows, so I figured it was a good choice.

I bought USCCA last year.Askyour self how much you spend on ammo?The cost of Ins is less,for peace of mind and protection of assets.
Concur. The monthly cost is insignificant. Take a family of 4-5 to McDonald's and consider that cost. Skip a trip for fast food and you have your monthly Carry insurance fee. We have our USCCA fee on automatic deduction from the bank.

Last edited:
I don't have any insurance in this category and won't ever have any. I am 65 , in poor health , and don't have that much anymore. If I have to defend myself , I will have to take my chances. If they want to throw me in jail , at least I'll get 3 squares a day and a place to lay my head down + they can pay for all my meds. :ROFLMAO:

My understanding is that NRA Carry-guard is no longer in business. It was one that I looked at several years ago. But I went with USCCA since they seemed to offer a bit more in their Elite package. I’m a NRA Lifetime member, so I did give it serious consideration. But before they created the Carry-Guard program, they backed USCCA at their shows, so I figured it was a good choice.

Agree, that USCCA is a pretty nice and reliable alternative to NRA Carry-guard.

I don't have any insurance in this category and won't ever have any. I am 65 , in poor health , and don't have that much anymore. If I have to defend myself , I will have to take my chances. If they want to throw me in jail , at least I'll get 3 squares a day and a place to lay my head down + they can pay for all my meds. :ROFLMAO:
Damn, still got a lot left in that half full glass 😂

Good article. I'm using CCW Safe for their LEOSA plan and my wife is using ACLDN currently because she chose a multi year plan several years ago. There is a lot to consider because each individual's needs will be different. One should also be aware that some plans will work only through a bail bonding agent and in some states bail bond agents are not legal or recognized.

Different people may or may not need some features of the plans that add to the cost. I don't need someone to buy me another gun or to spring for lost wages and I certainly don't need someone to pay for a psychologist in aftermath. I do need bail access ASAP if I happen to be out of state (which before COVID was all the time) and bail on a murder charge is going to be really high - probably over a million in blue states which is the most likely area for both a problem and for the police/prosecutors to charge murder for self-defense.

Other people may need all of those extra services and more. One poster here apparently doesn't care about bail but he may not know what a big city jail is like.

Back