testtest

The 10mm: From Plinking to Predators

Bought myself an XDM 10mm 4.5' for Christmas a year and a half ago and it has taken the place of my XD .45 as my EDC pistol. It came with 5 15 round mags due to the promo at the time. It is accurate, reliable and very fun to shoot. I would reccomend it to anyone. Love my XD's! Thanx SA!
20181215_184634.jpg

I think the recoil on that would be pretty stout. Not for the limp wristed for sure.
Yes but the Champion Operator Lightweight weighs over 30ozs and there are a variety of ammo options. I currently use a Barnes 155gr VOR-TX JHP for defensive purposes and a Freedom Munitions 180gr FMJ for out in the wilds. I do admit that the recoil could make some shy away but I would love to give it a try.

My 10s are in a xdm 5 1/4", G20 and G40 with various barrel lengths and types. It is a "Perfect 10"! although a 40 is a 10, but D-rated! Another good 1 Mike! Thanks!!!
Good to know about your experience with the Glock 40 as I find it crowded in the trigger guard (and I have small hands!), recoil is not fun, and now I have a reason to look at the XD-M!!! Thanks for my newest addition to my need to get list! 👍😉

I've got three 10mms here, and I love them all. The price of ammo needs to come down a bit more. Defensive rounds are about right, around $1 per round, that falls in line with 9mm defensive rounds. However, range ammo still costs too much. I've got some that are below 50 cents a round. Still a little high for a day at the range. I did the math and reloading get a little better, around 35 cents a round not including brass. Once ammo drops to 25 cents a round or lower, the caliber will really take off. I've tested I believe around 25 different loads from some 15 different manufactures. My carry load clocks in at a whopping 2400fps, which is crazy for a handgun.
67631007_1331441617014040_8939412662081552384_n.jpg

Back