testtest

Review: Hi-Lux Leatherwood ART Scope on the M1A

Good article. Like what the tail end of the artice says, based on the M-14/M1A scope mounting situation this puts the optic pretty high so an "add-on" cheek rest is really needed.

There are lower scope mounts than the SA brand so that can help lower the optic as far as possible. But the ART system really adds height due to the nature of the system.

IMO, the TNVC Riser Stock Pouch is a very good option to get a decent cheek rest with an optic-mounted M1A.

My .02

I love this combination. I shot the M-14 in 1971 without a scope and it was awesome. What a huge performance enhancement this scope is. Thanks for the info and military history.

Good article. Like what the tail end of the artice says, based on the M-14/M1A scope mounting situation this puts the optic pretty high so an "add-on" cheek rest is really needed.

There are lower scope mounts than the SA brand so that can help lower the optic as far as possible. But the ART system really adds height due to the nature of the system.

IMO, the TNVC Riser Stock Pouch is a very good option to get a decent cheek rest with an optic-mounted M1A.

My .02

What scope and mounting system would be used on the M1A scout squad today, to do the same as the leatherwood ART system. I’m still trying to decide on my scope set up for my M1A scout. Every time I take it to the range the sights remind me I have old eyes and need help. I was looking at red dots but have decided to stay with scopes. So I’m looking for a set up like the ART. Simple, easy adjustment without a lot of calculation and able to use for range day and hunting. Oh and not cost more then the rifle. Any way , thanks yet again for reading questions.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Review: Hi-Lux Leatherwood ART Scope on the M1A" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-hi-lux-leatherwood-art-scope-on-the-m1a/.

What scope and mounting system would be used on the M1A scout squad today, to do the same as the leatherwood ART system. I’m still trying to decide on my scope set up for my M1A scout. Every time I take it to the range the sights remind me I have old eyes and need help. I was looking at red dots but have decided to stay with scopes. So I’m looking for a set up like the ART. Simple, easy adjustment without a lot of calculation and able to use for range day and hunting. Oh and not cost more then the rifle. Any way , thanks yet again for reading questions.

The ART scope system will work on the Scout, but you'll need an add on scope mount to put the ART system on.

I'd steer clear of the Springfield Armory mount & go with the ARMS #18 mount (the lowest & was used on the mil M14s that used the original ART system on) or the Sadlak mount.

With any scope mounted above the receiver you'll need a cheek riser to get a good cheek rest.

Back