testtest

Suppressing the M1A SOCOM 16 CQB

I wish more people would suppress their guns...
No matter what stock it's in, my 16.25" M14 is at it's best when it is suppressed.
Adding the M3 Breech Shield is how I deflect gas blow back away from my face.

Attachments

• WT-CQB-16.JPG
    WT-CQB-16.JPG
    387.3 KB · Views: 424
  • CQB16-BF-RS-03.05.16.JPG
    CQB16-BF-RS-03.05.16.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 1,506
  • 100yards.jpg
    100yards.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 407
What's the path to follow for suppressing a Gen I SOCOM? IIRC its integral compensator is there to keep it out of the SBR category... meaning muzzle's not threaded. So a new barrel would be the shortest route?

What's the path to follow for suppressing a Gen I SOCOM? IIRC its integral compensator is there to keep it out of the SBR category... meaning muzzle's not threaded. So a new barrel would be the shortest route?
The Socom barrel is threaded... remove the gas plug and then remove proprietary gas lock FSB/Compensator. Replace with aftermarket GLFSB and muzzle device that works with your suppressor.
IMG_3590.JPG

Why Thank You SIR! I would never have guessed there's threads behind that compensator!
Never had desire to get deeper into how this item is engineered 'till I watched this video earlier today! (Glad too I didn't up'n'sell it a few years ago....)

Both the 18" and 22" barrels can use a gas lock front sight base with a muzzle device that threads directly onto the barrel for the Wind Talker suppressor.

Or an adapter with threads for a different suppressor, or a castle nut sight base that has threads for a different suppressor.

18 over 16.25.jpg
2000a.lg.jpg
m14adaptor01.lg.png

Here is another look at the Socom 16 gas lock and flash hider that accepts SEIs Wind Talker suppressor.

IMG_2425.jpg

I think Smith Enterprise also makes a suppressor that threads onto the standard barrel without any adapters or muzzle devices, you would still need a GLFS if you want iron sights.

Back