testtest

The Navy SEALs’ Banned Subgun

The Swedish K was in high demand in Saigon when I was there-it was used to good effect at the Embassy during Tet Offensive in 1968. I only saw SOF troops and OGA with them.
1624982557541.png

Having been on the “Teams” I don’t ever remember the Swedish K being “banned,”newer SMG’s would better fit new mission requirements. However, the Swedish K, though heavy, was a sweetheart. It was very accurate and sustantialy better than S&W’s M76. In -country, we had only one Swedish K and there’d be a big squabble as to who carried it on the next mission! Absolutely, the best SMG we had in Vietnam. I’d still carry one to this day.
Frogman French

Having been on the “Teams” I don’t ever remember the Swedish K being “banned,”newer SMG’s would better fit new mission requirements. However, the Swedish K, though heavy, was a sweetheart. It was very accurate and sustantialy better than S&W’s M76. In -country, we had only one Swedish K and there’d be a big squabble as to who carried it on the next mission! Absolutely, the best SMG we had in Vietnam. I’d still carry one to this day.
Frogman French
Welcome to the forum Frogman and thank you for your service sir.

Then there is the MK Arms Model 760 SMG is known as a transferable clone of the Smith and Wesson M-76. Interestingly the MK-760 was also made in semiautomatic-only versions. I almost bought one in the mid-80s as they cost less than $800 before the law changed. I believe one reason the Smith 76 fell out of favor was that replacement parts became hard to fine after Smith discontinued making the M-76.

Back