testtest

Germany’s Secret Submachine Gun: The MP34

I will be the lone dissent and say I cannot stand the looks of the side mag sub machine guns. Sterlings, MP34c etc…
Horrid.
Now, I understand I am in the mass minority on that one.
quality guns. No issue with their quality from my standpoint, just the looks.

i’ll be so bold to go a step further with another German gun.
The Luger
One of the Ugliest pistols ever made.
Let the shellacking begin 😬😬😬

I will be the lone dissent and say I cannot stand the looks of the side mag sub machine guns. Sterlings, MP34c etc…
Horrid.

The Luger
0A0154D4-E81C-4BC6-9D45-0F0818300C90_4_5005_c.jpeg

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Germany’s Secret Submachine Gun: The MP34" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/germanys-secret-submachine-gun-the-mp34/.

Contrary to some of the info in the article, the MP34 was widely used by Austrian troops fighting with the German Army in N Africa against the British and US. Per Roy Dunlap in his book “Ordnance Went Up Front”, those he encountered while working with the British on captured Axis weapons were all chambered in 9x25 Mauser that was close to the .357 mag in power. The gun was well liked and used by NZ troops when captured. In 9x25 Mauser he maintained it was a viable weapon on full auto to 150 meters due to slow cyclic rate and heaviness. Used in semiauto mode it could hit past 300-400 meters.
All the best - Dave

Horrid.

The Luger
The Luger is a step ahead of the Nambu, though… :)
That thing looks horrible - the camel of the handgun world - but a buddy of mine is a licensed C&R with a ton of great wartime stuff (original Brown Bess musket, Jap WWII ‘knee mortar’, etc etc). His Nambu is actually well balanced in the hand. Doubt I’d ever wanna fire one; there’s some risk iirc.

Back