testtest

911 Alpha

Anyone know what kind of sights are on the night sight version of the 911 .380? The sights on the Alpha model are atrocious and I am trying to upgrade them.

I looked for the same info awhile back with no success. The aftermarket sight companies listed many of their products as fitting XD pistols, but none actually mentioned the 911 specifically. The fiber optic on my 911 Alpha is significantly better than the fixed sights on my LCP II, but I always prefer to have night sights on a carry gun. I probably should’ve just paid the extra cash for one of the 911’s that comes from the factory with night sights, but I actually prefer the blacked-out styling of the Alpha. After reading the article, I may contact Ameriglo to see exactly what front sight SA puts on the Alpha.

I looked for the same info awhile back with no success. The aftermarket sight companies listed many of their products as fitting XD pistols, but none actually mentioned the 911 specifically. The fiber optic on my 911 Alpha is significantly better than the fixed sights on my LCP II, but I always prefer to have night sights on a carry gun. I probably should’ve just paid the extra cash for one of the 911’s that comes from the factory with night sights, but I actually prefer the blacked-out styling of the Alpha. After reading the article, I may contact Ameriglo to see exactly what front sight SA puts on the Alpha.
I contacted Ameriglo and Proglo and couldn't find any useful information. I finally talked to someone at Springfield and managed to order the sights for around $80 for both. These are supposed to be the factory sights for the 911 (not the Alpha model) so i guess I'll see what shows up in the mail

I contacted Ameriglo and Proglo and couldn't find any useful information. I finally talked to someone at Springfield and managed to order the sights for around $80 for both. These are supposed to be the factory sights for the 911 (not the Alpha model) so i guess I'll see what shows up in the mail

I'm anxious to know what they send you. I'm hoping they are clearly marked. Some of the magazines I have ordered from Springfield have come without individual packaging, and were just thrown together in a cardboard box with bubblewrap. Please let me know what you receive.

I got this answer back from Ameriglo today:
We don’t make any rear sights that fit the SA 911 but you can use our #6 Sig front sights. .230” height.
Regards,
Don Anderson
AmeriGlo
danderson@ameriglo.com
470-223-4163 X-4106

I got this answer back from Ameriglo today:
We don’t make any rear sights that fit the SA 911 but you can use our #6 Sig front sights. .230” height.
Regards,
Don Anderson
AmeriGlo
danderson@ameriglo.com
470-223-4163 X-4106

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing. I've gotten used to the front fiber optic, but I may go ahead and make the switch. As a general rule, I always prefer to have night sights on my carry guns.

I've noticed that the fiber optic front sight in only usable under ideal lighting conditions. It is very frustrating to achieve a good sight picture without the tube collecting enough ambient light to glow. I think that replacing just the front sight with the tritium Ameriglo would be worth the effort. I'm anxious to see exactly what Springfield sends me for replacements. The factory sights on the standard model 911 (not the Alpha model) are marked USA H3 18. (H3 indicating that they contain Hydrogen-3, which is tritium) Hopefully the ones they send are the same.

PG5017G 380 FRONT NIGHT SIGHT W/GRN OUTLINE 1 1 0 $26.95 $26.95
PG5018W 380 REAR NIGHT SIGHT W/WHITE OUTLIN 1 1 0 $37.50 $37.50

This is my invoice from Springfield. These are the sights found on the other 911's (not the Alpha model)

The next thing i'm waiting for is the Galloway Precision trigger!

Ok. I got the sights, and they are the correct night sights for this pistol. I purchased a sight tool and managed to get the original ones out of the slide. However, underneath the rear sight is a spring which drops into the bottom of the dovetail, and it is impossible to keep it compressed in the pocket while you are drifting the sight into position. I am now going to have to return this pistol to Springfield to have this mess straightened out.

Back