testtest

911 Slide Release

Evening ladies and gentlemen!!!!
So...... I have a dilemma, so I have a 911 9mm with the rubber grips. First and foremost why is easier to press the release without the mag in, and harder with the mag? Second is there any tips or tricks to make the release easier to use?

The simplest answer would be tension & friction.

When the mag is in the pistol the mag release locks into a cut on the mag and when you press the release there's a small bit of friction on the magazine from the mag release retracting from the magazine and when the gun is empty there's no tension or friction when you press the release.

Is the magazine release unbearably hard to use?

Are you using factory mags?

Does the pistol cycle properly?

Disclaimer: I do not advise the below to be done!
To make the magazine release eaiser to use you can file the small cut on the magazine I described above just a little bit. By doing this you can run into feeding issues and the mag potentially rattling if this is done incorrectly and it will void any warranty you have for the mags.

I hope this helps....😁👍

Last edited:
Seems to me I had the 911 380 Springfield and now own the P938 9mm Sig. same design and I rented several of them and it's all the same the mags need to be either slammed in or hold release down and push in hard. Make sure they are in too or else it will not fire. Finicky comes to mind but you will get used to them and one other tip keep the gun and the feed clean.

The simplest answer would be tension & friction.

When the mag is in the pistol the mag release locks into a cut on the mag and when you press the release there's a small bit of friction on the magazine from the mag release retracting from the magazine and when the gun is empty there's no tension or friction when you press the release.

Is the magazine release unbearably hard to use?

Are you using factory mags?

Does the pistol cycle properly?

Disclaimer: I do not advise the below to be done!
To make the magazine release eaiser to use you can file the small cut on the magazine I described above just a little bit. By doing this you can run into feeding issues and the mag potentially rattling if this is done incorrectly and it will void any warranty you have for the mags.

I hope this helps....😁👍
Good morning. The mag release is almost unbearable with mag in it. But I can get it done. They are factory mags. And not sure where to file if I choose to go that route.

I have experienced this with my XD Mod.2 models when trying to drop a loaded magazine. The easiest way to do it is to push upward on the bottom of the magazine when you hit the release. It does not take much, but a small push will make them fall freely. Empty magazines have always fallen freely on my Springfields, but it is common for full magazines to exert just enough pressure on the release to make it difficult to push the release button. The slight push on the bottom of the mag releases this pressure. The issue should improve, if not disappear, with additional break-in.

Back