testtest

What to Put in Your Range Bag: The Essentials

While I already have these things in my range bag, the shooting-focused multi tool was something I want aware of. Cool!

One thing I've added to my bag(s) is a Tile (one of those devices you attach to your keys) so I could find/track the bag from my phone if lost. Apple and Samsung have their own versions too.

It's a GOOD idea to have a segmented cleaning rod that will fit the bore of every gun you take to the range. I have a G.I. cleaning rod in my range bag...now. I DIDN'T the one time I NEEDED one (I had a bullet come unseated in my AR 308 and that would have ended my day at the range if someone else hadn't had one in their bag). I ordered TWO (2) as soon as I got home. You never know WHAT you might need at the range!!!

I usually carry the following in my range bag, small gun cleaning kit, patches, Lucas Oil Extreme Duty gun oil in the small bottle with the needle point applicator and a small firearm tool kit like the one pictured
1639868693221.jpeg

Can't stress the medical supplies enough.

I placed a scope on my Marlin 1895, which I was using for an elk hunt that year (2014). Using my own handloads, I was at the range with some friends, when one of my buddies asked to shoot the 45-70 Gov't 300 grain Nosler Partitions I had loaded. I warned him about the scope, but he either didn't believe me or forgot. I had turned my head just for a second when BOOM! I turned back to see him yelling, cussing, and grabbing his forehead. By the time I could grab a handful of cleaning patches from my range bag, the blood was pouring off his chin. We applied direct pressure until we could locate a tube of gel superglue to seal that cut (he didn't have insurance, so superglue was as much as he could afford).

Great article.

Back