testtest

A Few Tips For Better OWB Concealed Carry

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Nice little article on some hints for OWB carry, good little read

Nice article, the longer shirt works well for me.

Good article, 98% of the time I carry OWB however I’ve been carrying my Taurus 605m in a IWB cross draw.

I’ve been using a Muddy River for OWB carrying my two Elite compacts and even using the extended mags they conceal well at about 3 o’clock.
With the weather being cooler I’ve been wearing a pull over camo coat which doesn’t print at all.

When the weather gets warmer I prefer longer hem polo shirts as they help conceal the muzzle and even though I’m not a large framed guy I wear X-Large shirts for comfort, there not baggy looking and I hate tight fitting clothes.
The loose fit also helps if I need to lift the shirt to access the gun quickly which I practice regularly.
I will add even in warmer weather I’ll wear a T-shirt tucked into my pants under the Polo shirt to prevent the holster or gun digging into me.

Good article, 98% of the time I carry OWB however I’ve been carrying my Taurus 605m in a IWB cross draw.

I’ve been using a Muddy River for OWB carrying my two Elite compacts and even using the extended mags they conceal well at about 3 o’clock.
With the weather being cooler I’ve been wearing a pull over camo coat which doesn’t print at all.

When the weather gets warmer I prefer longer hem polo shirts as they help conceal the muzzle and even though I’m not a large framed guy I wear X-Large shirts for comfort, there not baggy looking and I hate tight fitting clothes.
The loose fit also helps if I need to lift the shirt to access the gun quickly which I practice regularly.
I will add even in warmer weather I’ll wear a T-shirt tucked into my pants under the Polo shirt to prevent the holster or gun digging into me.
These days I usually have a P30L in a Muddy Rivers OWB at about 3:30-4:00. It rides high and conceals easily under an unbuttoned shirt or light jacket.

These days I usually have a P30L in a Muddy Rivers OWB at about 3:30-4:00. It rides high and conceals easily under an unbuttoned shirt or light jacket.
The pistol I have in my bag that I hang over the passenger seat of the car is a P30L. They are excellent pistols. Up until about a year and a half ago I carried either a P2000SK or an FNS-9C. I may revisit those options? I have a couple Muddy River holsters and they are GTG.

For summer wear, I like button up shirts with a pattern. Plaids and Hawaiian shirts act as camouflage over solids. Even if your gun prints somewhat, the pattern makes it difficult to see it.

The pistol I have in my bag that I hang over the passenger seat of the car is a P30L. They are excellent pistols. Up until about a year and a half ago I carried either a P2000SK or an FNS-9C. I may revisit those options? I have a couple Muddy River holsters and they are GTG.
I turned a few guys here on to them. So far everyone seems to like them. They are my favorite OWB.

i think body shape has a lot to do with how you carry, as well, i have read a time or two. .

i don't have a svelte body, far from it, so for me AIWB works best.

I like a OWB for my EDC. I cover it with a loose fitting shirt in summer months. I wear a vest in the winter with a jacket. Lately I’ve been sporting a Shoulder holster for the winter months.

Back