testtest

A good day with my cousin and his son

benstt

Professional
Founding Member
My cousin and I took his son to the rifle range yesterday. It was the kid's first trip and he was definitely excited; he'd been waiting for it a long time. He's nine years old and on the mild end of the autism spectrum so we watched him like a hawk the entire time. He was incredibly well behaved and followed the gun safety rules to the letter the entire time. He took instruction from my cousin, and me to a lesser extent, and got a big kick out of shooting his dad's .22 at paper and at some steel poppers. He was 12 for 12 on the poppers after I dialed the scope in for him. My cousin let him try his Tavor a bit, too, which he got a kick out of. He got to chat with the caretaker a bit who was super friendly and invited him into the club's .22 range, which starts in the spring. He had a great time even though it was a 14* day and we were out there for a couple hours. I had a great time helping my cousin usher a young shooter into the fold.

My cousin and I took his son to the rifle range yesterday. It was the kid's first trip and he was definitely excited; he'd been waiting for it a long time. He's nine years old and on the mild end of the autism spectrum so we watched him like a hawk the entire time. He was incredibly well behaved and followed the gun safety rules to the letter the entire time. He took instruction from my cousin, and me to a lesser extent, and got a big kick out of shooting his dad's .22 at paper and at some steel poppers. He was 12 for 12 on the poppers after I dialed the scope in for him. My cousin let him try his Tavor a bit, too, which he got a kick out of. He got to chat with the caretaker a bit who was super friendly and invited him into the club's .22 range, which starts in the spring. He had a great time even though it was a 14* day and we were out there for a couple hours. I had a great time helping my cousin usher a young shooter into the fold.
Totally incredible.

It's great that you've introduced him to our sport. Now buy him a subscription to Guns and Ammo and be sure to take him with you the next time you go to a local gun show. There is so much to learn about our hobby besides pulling the trigger. Keep his excitement alive.

It's great that you've introduced him to our sport. Now buy him a subscription to Guns and Ammo and be sure to take him with you the next time you go to a local gun show. There is so much to learn about our hobby besides pulling the trigger. Keep his excitement alive.
His dad can do that. I'll just get them to the range from time to time.

Back