testtest

A LOOK AT THE NEW TAURUS TX 22 COMPETITION

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Taurus in 2021 has moved to deliver a more polished version of its already well-liked TX 22 rimfire semi-auto pistol, the optics, and suppressor-ready TX 22 Competition.

A LOOK AT THE NEW TAURUS TX 22 COMPETITION

1617581073356.png

Had my Competition at the range today and it is a super fun. At 25yds it will put rounds inside a 4 inch target all day long. I have a Holosun 507C on it and like it’s little (shorter) brother it eats anything I give it. Paid $449 for it.
C9558164-34BD-4F86-91D9-075DA6ED9FA5.jpeg

The TX22 has become my favorite plinker. I was leery of buying another Taurus after a few negative experiences, but the TX22 is by far the most reliable rimfire semi-auto that I have ever owned. The 16-round capacity is what put it ahead of my Ruger SR22. If I hear enough positive reviews of the TX22 Competition, I'll probably add one to my collection.

How does it compare to the standard TX22? Do you notice a vast improvement?
Honestly, I don’t know if it’s a vast improvement because the standard TX22 is such an outstanding pistol. Obviously the additional weight is a bonus, as is the 5 inch barrel. I think the big difference is the red dot not being attached to the slide, flying back and forth with the slide. The Competition is super stable, the recoil is non-existent and it returns back on target effortlessly. You really notice it at 25 yds, but at 10 you put the dot on the bullseye and it just becomes a competition to see how many rounds you can get in the same hole. I can’t recommend this gun enough.

Back