testtest

A sad New Year, this day in 1953, we lost a music legend.

His grandson, Shelton Hank Williams ( AKA Hank III ) has a petition to get his grandfather reinstated in The Grand Ol Opry.

I love me some Hank. Hank III even more. Jr. ? Meh.
Read something about this and it seems that the petition was denied. Not for any personal reason but because membership in The grand old Opry is restricted to living members. Once a member dies, they are no longer a member.

Did not know about his grandson. I'm gonna have to check him out.
My wife and I both have Hank on our Pandora . His music was really enjoyable. Nothing like it.
Dude, his shows are great. He always plays little dive bars. His shows are 3 part. Part one is old Hank Sr. type stuff ( which he nails, sounds just like grandpa. When Minnie Pearl first met him she cried and said honey, you look like a ghost) Part 2 is Hellbilly, which is what I like. It's banjos, mandolins, steel guitars, stand up bass and acoustic guitars playing bluegrass speed "True country" songs, very fast and with explicit lyrics and story lines. Part 3 is Assjack. He takes the hat off, takes his hair out of the pony tail and they play fully electric death metal. He was actually in a Supergroup with Vinnie Paul from Pantera.

Yeah, Hank III is great.

A bit of lyrics from another great song called "Not everybody Likes us". A little background first. Everyone knows Kid Rock and Hank Jr. are pals and Jr. often calls him his illegitimate son. Once Kid Rick worked his way on to Hank III's bus and tried to schmooze him and inferred they were like brothers. Hank III told him, " Dude, The Beastie Boys were doing that :poop: years before you got around to it, get the F off my bus".

Anyway the lyrics.

"Just so we're clear, so it's set in stone, Kid Rock don't come from where I come from.
It's true he's a yank, he ain't no son of Hank and if you thought so GD you're F'in dumb"

By the way, Hank Jr. didn't raise Hank III. He barely ever saw him. His mom was more or less one of Jr's one night stands. And Hank III was really into punk long before he got into outlaw country.

Back