testtest

Action Job for EMP4

Considering an action job for EMP4 LW Champion 9mm. I use it as EDC carry but I just want to know if anyone has done this and if it made any difference in the accuracy for them at 25 yards. I think the trigger is fine at 5.5 lbs but a smoother trigger might be slightly more accurate. I don't use +P, just 115 or 124 gr ammunition. If you've done this to your EMP4 and think it's worthwhile, please let me know. One thing that S.A. warns against is dropping the slide on an empty chamber because it will destroy the action job, so that's a consideration.

It’s not that hard to not drop the slide on an empty chamber.

Beyond that? It’s just a 1911 action job; 5.5# is solid for a carry gun, about the only thing it might need is to clean up the break, possibly adjust the overtravel.

I haven’t found anything in the break that is sloppy or rough and there really isn’t overtravel to speak of. I think it’s easy to drop the slide on an empty chamber as you point out. I just wondered if anyone did an action job on this gun and if it really improved it’s accuracy at 25 yards. Maybe it’s gilding the lily and it’s all in the mind and doesn’t matter. My goal is to shoot 3-inch groups at 25 yards and anything I can do to get me closer to doing that is maybe worth considering.

I haven’t found anything in the break that is sloppy or rough and there really isn’t overtravel to speak of. I think it’s easy to drop the slide on an empty chamber as you point out. I just wondered if anyone did an action job on this gun and if it really improved it’s accuracy at 25 yards. Maybe it’s gilding the lily and it’s all in the mind and doesn’t matter. My goal is to shoot 3-inch groups at 25 yards and anything I can do to get me closer to doing that is maybe worth considering.

Well, if the weight is good, the break is clean, and there’s no overtravel...what do you think it needs? Because it sounds like it's dialed in to me...

That was my first thought, so I wanted to ask someone who had done the work if they found it made a difference. I was looking for the practical test result just to confirm what I suspected, namely that this was a well designed and well made product. Seems like no one has done this, however, so I will pass on the attempt.

Back