testtest

Added the P365 (California Edition)

X

XD94045

Finally picked it up and had to wait for my trainer to certify me on it. We met at the range and he asked, “Do you want some warm up shots?” I said, “Nope”, removed it from the case, out of the Blue Baggie Sig shipped it in, and proceeded to do this.

I will take it out next week for a couple hundred rounds once I add the RomeoZero and Wilson Combat grips.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
I have an X, XL, and macro. My 365X is my go to EDC because at 7 yards I shoot it as fast and accurately as any full size gun I own. The macro is my bedside gun with light and holosun 407. None of them has ever had a malfunction and all have had over 1000 rounds.

I just passed the 1,000 rd mark with my P365XL and have never had a single problem with it, no matter what I feed through it. I trust it completely. And as you said, it's a great shooter as well. 👍

The p365Xl shoots great, the grip feels great, the gun shoots more like a full sized pistol than a sub compact to me. It just disappears under a t-shirt with a nice quality holster, even OWB like I carry.

This was my very first shooting session with it from 5 yards to 30 yards changing distance every 5 rounds. I was pulling things a bit left on this first target, but was very pleased with it for first time pulling the trigger on it

20211202_101454.jpg

Its not the pistols fault I keep thinking of replacing it with an EMP. Matter of fact it is so good that is why I keep holding off doing so, even though I want a safety and hammer and 1911 grip and trigger on my EDC.

Bought a P365 380 about a month ago after shooting a friend's at the range. 700 rounds of quality range and self defense ammo to date with no problems of any kind so far. Fun to shoot, accurate, light recoil, good trigger, and easy to conceal. I've carried it on several occasions so far, mainly for holster break in. I added 2 12 round mags for EDC and Tactical Development Full Grip Baseplates on the 10 round mages that came with the pistol for range use due to XL hands. That said, I carry my Hellcat OSP with Shield RMSc and 15 round mags more often than anything else I own, especially in colder weather due to people wearing more layers of heavy clothing. The new 380 will see considerable range time, along with my other EDC's, until the weather warms up and dress, concealment, occasion, etc. dictates something smaller. Might add the new Romeo X Optic modeled on the one the military is using, but like the night sight irons that came on the pistol.

Edit to correct auto correct

Last edited:
One thing that really took the XL to the next level for me was the Wilson Combat grip module. Huge upgrade that made the gun fit my hand better and feel a lot more controllable. I wasn't much of a fan of the WC module for the P320 (I prefer the X-module) but for the P365 I wouldn't go back to the stock module again.

The p365Xl shoots great, the grip feels great, the gun shoots more like a full sized pistol than a sub compact to me. It just disappears under a t-shirt with a nice quality holster, even OWB like I carry.

This was my very first shooting session with it from 5 yards to 30 yards changing distance every 5 rounds. I was pulling things a bit left on this first target, but was very pleased with it for first time pulling the trigger on it

View attachment 48728

Its not the pistols fault I keep thinking of replacing it with an EMP. Matter of fact it is so good that is why I keep holding off doing so, even though I want a safety and hammer and 1911 grip and trigger on my EDC.

For whatever reason I find with a flat face trigger I start seeing this issue a lot more then I do when using a curved trigger. Honestly not sure why but I do. I have kept the curved trigger on my p365 but I want an XL or a non-comp macro. But I would likely swap the trigger for a curved one. That could just be me though lol.

For whatever reason I find with a flat face trigger I start seeing this issue a lot more then I do when using a curved trigger. Honestly not sure why but I do. I have kept the curved trigger on my p365 but I want an XL or a non-comp macro. But I would likely swap the trigger for a curved one. That could just be me though lol.
Flat trigger is not an issue whatsoever. Its a nice trigger pull, very smooth and crisp, nice letoof and reaet. It is one of the best trigger pulls I have felt on a plastic pistol.

No complaints whatsoever. The shooting left went away by the next range trip. Part of the issue is I was shooting right handed with being left handed and left eye dominant. New guns take a bit to acclimate too.

View attachment 48728

If your group is left or right, you may have improper trigger finger placement. Or, more commonly, it may be that you are squeezing the entire hand as you press the trigger to the rear instead of moving only the trigger finger.

try doing some dry practice with a post it note on a wall.
you'll see / feel if you're squeezing the gun and pushing it left which is very common for us right handed shooters.

If your group is left or right, you may have improper trigger finger placement. Or, more commonly, it may be that you are squeezing the entire hand as you press the trigger to the rear instead of moving only the trigger finger.

try doing some dry practice with a post it note on a wall.
you'll see / feel if you're squeezing the gun and pushing it left which is very common for us right handed shooters.
Thank you, but that was a year ago, and the solution was the same as always for a left handed left eye dominant who is shooting right handed. It's a matter of how much head tilt each gun uses.

Back