testtest

Alabama Constitutional Carry

jfmorris

Master Class
Founding Member
For any fellow Alabamians, I want to get your take on the bill the Governor just signed today:

I had urged my legislators to pass this bill WITHOUT modifications, but apparently that did not happen. One item that concerns me is that text at the top of page 6 was modified to strike the phrase "unless the person possesses a valid concealed weapon permit". The removal of that language means that you ARE in violation of the law if you have a concealed carry permit and happen to walk into any store or other location, without "obtaining permission" to carry on the premises.

That change really weakens those of us who have a CCA in order to have reciprocity with other states, as well as the overall strength of the constitutional carry bill.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I feel this is pretty bad, as the new law (not effective until 1/1/2023) weakens the permit. The old law expressly stated that to carry on private property you needed EITHER a CC permit or permission of the property owner. This new law strikes that phrase about the CC permit allowing you to carry on private property.

Back