testtest

All-female Super Bowl flyover team to make history

The A-10 is a beast. Dont knock it.
F-35’s and F-15E/EX cant get low and slow and put down the grit like an A-10.
They both have their place
I love the WartHog. It is one bad aircraft. It's built to be in the middle of all the shooting and come out the winner.

I watch all the military aircraft rerun shows. The one about the A-10 showed a female pilot who took an A-10 into battle protecting our pinned down soldiers on the ground, in steep mountainous territory, going back in round after round taking on heavy fire while taking out the enemy and saved them all on the ground. Her aircraft had extensive damage, 3-4 foot holes all thru the wings and airframe. She lost all her flight controls, her back up flight controls and was on the last backup system which was barely able to maintain level flight. This last backup system was described as only ever meant to be used to try and exit the combat area before ejecting. She limped the aircraft all the way back to home base and landed it. She is the only pilot to have ever flown it that far and land it on the last backup system (per the show anyway). I'd want her as my air support not anyday ... but everyday!

I forget the numbers anymore but you can buy a ridiculous number of A-10s for just 1 of any of the current jets they are buying now a days. None of them can protect our soldiers on the ground as well as a single A-10 can ... female or male pilot. I'd always keep me a bunch of A-10s around if I were a ground soldier.

Seems another intentional attempt to be devisive. All female this year, all Asian next year, all left handed, all whatever next time. Seems pretty stupid to arbitrarily pick people based on an appearance. Criteria for selection should not be sex. How about talent or seniority?
Stupid is as stupid does. The puppet is unaware of what his actual job is!

The A10 was developed in the 60's and produced starting in 1970 to kill Soviet tank in Europe. It was programmed to be phased out in the early 2000's. The last one was built in 1984. It was so effective in CAS in the gulf wars there was a call from within the USAF and other services to continue the program. The biggest problem is the production line was shut down after 1984. Due to popular demand USAF is upgrading the aircraft to the Super Warthog and the life is extended to 2040. I have talked to some A10 pilots and they love the airplane and the mission but it is getting old. My son was a USAF forward air controller with ground troops with 9 deployments and describes it as an "awesome killer". Its shortcoming is limitations in air-to-air engagements, not supersonic, and not stealth. If we have not gained air superiority in the theater of operations it becomes a plinking target for enemy fighters.
A10's secondary mission is forward air control but much of that mission is now done by UAV's.

The F35 is a 70-90 million dollar aircraft with built in CAS capability but criticism is that it does not have the loiter time and can't slow down like the A10. But it is a stealth, supersonic aircraft that can dogfight. USAF wants to spend their dollars on multi-mission, air superiority aircraft but it looks like the A10 will now stay in service till 2040.

I love the WartHog. It is one bad aircraft. It's built to be in the middle of all the shooting and come out the winner.

I watch all the military aircraft rerun shows. The one about the A-10 showed a female pilot who took an A-10 into battle protecting our pinned down soldiers on the ground, in steep mountainous territory, going back in round after round taking on heavy fire while taking out the enemy and saved them all on the ground. Her aircraft had extensive damage, 3-4 foot holes all thru the wings and airframe. She lost all her flight controls, her back up flight controls and was on the last backup system which was barely able to maintain level flight. This last backup system was described as only ever meant to be used to try and exit the combat area before ejecting. She limped the aircraft all the way back to home base and landed it. She is the only pilot to have ever flown it that far and land it on the last backup system (per the show anyway). I'd want her as my air support not anyday ... but everyday!

I forget the numbers anymore but you can buy a ridiculous number of A-10s for just 1 of any of the current jets they are buying now a days. None of them can protect our soldiers on the ground as well as a single A-10 can ... female or male pilot. I'd always keep me a bunch of A-10s around if I were a ground soldier.
When my twins were at USAFA there was a life size cutout of her and several pictures of her plane. The damage was massive. I saw an interview of her and she credited her training at USAFA for giving her the strength and courage to bring her plane back.. I think it also made for a much better story as it would have been difficult to show just how much damage was done if she had punched out. And as for the age of our airplanes its pathetic. Our military should have the latest and greatest equipment on the planet. Instead of our politicians taking care of our military and veterans they would rather play politics and give billions to countrys that hate us.

Your flyover team

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1676247884689.jpg
    FB_IMG_1676247884689.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 61
I totally agree -- but to the point they made, isn't this like "oh my -- first time in history that both teams have black starting quarterbacks"?

Don't get me wrong, I admire the fact that those PILOTS flew over a football game but when is the thought process of spotlighting gender, race, nationality, at nauseum gonna stop?
And I find an equal amount of
ad nausea-um in why we just can’t celebrate what is a great thing instead of always trying to say it’s some kind of statement.

I totally agree -- but to the point they made, isn't this like "oh my -- first time in history that both teams have black starting quarterbacks"?

Don't get me wrong, I admire the fact that those PILOTS flew over a football game but when is the thought process of spotlighting gender, race, nationality, at nauseum gonna stop?
Don't know anything about that. I only watch the commercials. And Chris Stapleton sing the National Anthem.

Could it have been….
There was a plan to have Historic First (insert choice) Pilot to shoot down the first declared spy balloon? Then after a full week of trying to put this historic moment together it had failed…so any pilot had to do? Wouldn’t be surprised and believe you me, it would have been celebrated in time for the super bowl festivities.

The fly-over camera angle could have been better. They showed a side view distance shot of the planes flying over the stadium with fireworks. I guess I like it better when they fly straight over your head as they appear then disappear.

Back