testtest

Always be vigilant for thieves and attackers

KillerFord1977

SAINT
Founding Member
Lots of cities are dismissing “low level crime”.
Thieves are using the same ol tricks but in a modern age.

Article takes note of those always on the phone and not aware .

Be Aware of your surroundings !!!
That may be would be thieves lurking or something simple as paying attention to the weather as well.

Jugging…like in catfishin’? Funny how the latest generation comes up with these terms.

Good article, especially worth sharing.
Targets are pegged by ability to fight back usually prey on the perceived weak, frail or distracted.

It starts out as non confrontational, nonchalant.
Anytime a stranger approaches out of nowhere and tries to strike up a conversation it should be an alert. Standard practice would be the tried and true request for a match or light for a cigarette or maybe some spare change. The idea is to get one or both of your hands and eyes preoccupied.

A pickpocket always carry’s a jacket, coat or backpack over their arm. Never let anyone lean over your table at a restaurant. A professional teams work in tandem, hands off the stolen item to another that passes in an opposite direction.

Gas stations - the new greyhound station.
Seems anytime of the day or night, scoundrels are always lurking about using the gas station for easy pickings. Anytime some approaches you for money for “gas“ usually has a car nearby with the hood raised, you’ll see this at expressway ramps too.

The cars today now have central door locking and unlocking feature, keeping the passenger side open for pilfering. This always been a gypsy scam, distract the driver and an accomplice enters the passenger side to take a purse or in some cases, money bags intended for a business deposit/withdrawal. The (fake) flat tire scam in the bank parking lot is another routine to be aware of.
Thieves spend time surveying locations and getaways. You should too.

The cars today now have central door locking and unlocking feature, keeping the passenger side open for pilfering. This always been a gypsy scam, distract the driver and an accomplice enters the passenger side to take a purse or in some cases, money bags intended for a business deposit/withdrawal. The (fake) flat tire scam in the bank parking lot is another routine to be aware of.
Thieves spend time surveying locations and getaways. You should too.
the thing about the central door locking system is, there is a way to stop that. it's in the owners manual, but who reads those.>??

uh...i do, and EVERY single car/truck i have ever owned, i read thru them, even the warranty booklets as well.

thing is however, one can screw up the sequence in disengaging that central system.

i know, i did, but i alway roll down the windows first...lol

but after a couple of times, it's like riding a bike, to do it on the next car provided, it's the same brand......again, i know that from personal experiences.

yeah, when i was driving trucks, there would always be a "scared woman" asking for gas money to get home. thing is, many times.?? there would be her "man" sitting in the car too.

i had a guy come up to me, his shirt ripped, saying he got robbed, and needed a ride home, yet the police was there and took his report???

why didn't the cop give him a ride home..????

scam are everywhere, your head has to be on a swivel.

look, and act like a victim..??

you're the target.

The other thing around here if you want to report a crime they want you to do it online! The last time someone tried to break in the car i told them my spare hand was holding a pistol! They were here in about 45 seconds.

Hi,

Yes, "situational awareness". That and don't be in stupid places at stupid times doing stupid things with stupid people. You know the drill. Tell your family and friends to be vigilant too. 😉

Ok, that was my second profound glimpse into the obvious for today. :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

I worked as a security guard for a little over 15years. I basically watched people for a living and I got pretty good at it.

Over time I've observed certain behavior patterns that when I see them I know that person is up to something.

If I see somebody just aimlessly loitering someplace where there's really no reason for them to be loitering they're almost always doing something they're not supposed to be doing.

Another one that is somewhat specific to being a security guard is when just my presence changes their behavior. If the aimless loiterer watches me come around the corner making my rounds and he takes off he was up to something.

The last one IMO is the most important
If someone is paying an inordinate amount of attention to you, you had better be paying attention to them because it's been my experience but they're sizing you up and deciding whether or not you're a mark. Even if it's just to put the mooch on you for a couple of bucks.

My wife thinks I’m paranoid cause when we are out, I am always looking around and checking, with the way it is anymore, you have to keep your eyes open.
I’m a proponent of self reflection and honesty wonder if I’m being overly cautious “not paranoid” then I watch the news and think; nope I’m fine.
I’ve said it before, the world is turning to 💩 and you have to protect yourself.

There is a thread on the forum about quotes, the two I like…….. not mentioned in the thread.

“When seconds count the police are minutes away”

“I carry a gun because a cop is to heavy”

A short story……..

A couple months ago we bought my lady a truck, I knew eventually it would need a battery and last Saturday to be proactive I replaced it. When I was leaving the parts store a police officer rolled up to my truck and asked me about my wildlife rescue service.
It was not a city metro officer but a local police officer of the town my apartment complex is in and he said I see your truck around a lot, he chuckled when he noticed my (NOT POLICE) on the back of the truck bed, I told him I put that on the truck following the unrest of the last few years. He told me he took the FOP identification off his personal vehicles for the same reason.
“That says a lot”
He then asked me if I carry?
I smiled and lifted my camo pullover to show him my Elite 10mm compact….
I then told him I have my CCDW Permit.
His comment; nice gun than he said….
More law abiding citizens need to be prepared because we can’t be everywhere.
I want to say this officer was an older gentleman not a young cop which I believe was the reason he gave me respect instead of negativity over carrying. I will say this if the officer was a young cop I would have never said I was carrying.

Last edited:
Back