testtest

and the want to ban guns, limit mag capacities, and defund the police

Old_Me

Ronin
so much so, that now they want the National Guard???

OAKLAND (KPIX) -- Neighbors in Oakland's Fruitvale District said they're seeing an uptick in gun violence near the intersection of Foothill Boulevard and 35th Avenue in recent months. They shared surveillance videos of shootings, including a murder, with KPIX.

Neighbors said there was a non-injury shooting there on April 29, a robbery that turned deadly on May 12 and drive-by shooting on June 5.

This is exactly what the left wants. They want to eliminate the police and use their federal jackboot thugs instead. Some of these minorities in this nation think the police are racist and don't face consequences? These people are too stupid to realize that when it comes to the federal forces, they will have no say in their tactics. The federal goons will do what they want, when they want and to whom they want and there will be no legal recourse to stop them. Don't believe me? Look what they have done with Roger Stone, Guilliani, and the Jan 6th protestors. Just like Russia, China, North Korea, Venezuela, Cuba, and Nazi Germany. As for these people in Oakland and every leftist run city where this is occurring: You voted for this, you got it. Now suck it up and deal with what you have wrought. You reap what you sow.

A move like that could essentially lead to marshall law. Arresting someone for a crime and then seeing them on the street again the next day wouldn't go over well, and the Guard wouldn't hang around very long if they couldn't control arrests and convictions. As the summer heats up and the shortages caused by failing economic conditions start to cause wide spread civil unrest I wouldn't be surprised if the lack of law and order in this country doesn't lead to the current administation declaring marshall law. (See Article 1 , section 9, clause 2) Doing this before the mid-term election would allow the military to take the place of the civilian government and exercise jurisdiction over civilians in a particular area or in major popualtion areas. It's debateable as to whether the President or the state hold this power, but this could happen, if public safety is at stake it

This is exactly what the left wants. They want to eliminate the police and use their federal jackboot thugs instead.
Many big city police forces were federalized by Obama... Baltimore comes to mind.

I wonder if they remain under federal control?
44.jpg

Fruitvale District, huh?

Well, if it had to happen, at least it landed in the right place.

Sheesh 🙄
Like I said I was raise in Oakland use to be a place I like to visit nice restaurants nice parks now I can’t remember the last time we been in there maybe for the airport too bad I miss it
what caught me eye immediately, is that there is a movie, i still haven't seen, called....
Fruitvale Station....

low and behold, it has to do with a cop shooting at the BART station, what ever "BART" is.....(which i just looked up now)

so now, when it comes on again, like for the 47,000th time this week, i'll catch it.

Hi,

I tend to agree with Kevin Downey's take on the difference between "gun violence", "gun safety", and "gun confiscation".

Basically, leave the enforcement and arrests to local law enforcement. Leave the prosecution to federal courts for gun crimes, hopefully away from all of the Soros-funded, left leaning, radical DA's who want to let the criminals go and claim "social justice".

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Nobody who values the Constitution would ever support Martial Law as a response to crime. The fact that a politician would even suggest such a thing shows how far people in certain parts of the country have moved away from the freedoms and values that made America strong. We are rapidly approaching the last chance for the silent majority to start speaking up and taking a stand.

Hi,

From the article:
"[Councilman] Gallo also wants families to step up and provide a better family structure for young people.

As for Renee [a witness/resident], she said they need help fast.

"Criminals just seem to think it's a free-for-all just to come out and there's no consequences and they won't get caught," Renee said."

I totally agree with "providing a better family structure". Too many parents don't parent, too many fathers don't take responsibility, leaving "baby mamas" all over the place and no fathers for their children. It's too easy for these children to get going down the wrong path.

As for "Criminals just seem to think it's a free-for-all..." I will refer you to Col. Cooper.

1655161276303.png

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught is to fear is his victim.” – Col. Jeff Cooper, in Principles of Personal Defense"

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Back