testtest

And we thought Bassbob played guitar

All along, we were mislead

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1688820877625.jpg
    FB_IMG_1688820877625.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 71
Bassbob does play guitar. In fact this morning I have been working out the opening riff to " I Don't Live Today". Sounds very nice on my Telecaster through my Fender amp loaded with Blackplates and NOS preamp tubes with an Alnico Cream 90 speaker. I love that funky chord. In fact the whole "Are You Experienced" album is amazing. Recorded the year I was born.

I almost bought one of those guitar shaped gun cases.

I have a couple of Roadrunner soft guitar cases I sometimes use to transport a firearm from my house to my vehicle so I don't draw any attention.

As far as guitar playing goes...I enjoy finger picking on my Seagull S6 acoustic. I like the warm tones of Seagull acoustic guitars.

When I want to play electric I'll usually pick up a Squire Telecaster with P90 pickups that I bought on Reverb from Guitar4Vets. I really like the tones of P90 type pickups...:) I have a Fender G-Dec 30 and Boss Katana 50 watt amps....not too big or too small for a small house...:)

I'm not a very good guitar picker. I don't like playing guitar around others, I use guitar practice as "me" time...:) I also have a Mandolin I play once in a while when I want to explore my Hillbilly(born in Kentucky, raised in South Texas) roots...:)

I have a couple of Roadrunner soft guitar cases I sometimes use to transport a firearm from my house to my vehicle so I don't draw any attention.

As far as guitar playing goes...I enjoy finger picking on my Seagull S6 acoustic. I like the warm tones of Seagull acoustic guitars.

When I want to play electric I'll usually pick up a Squire Telecaster with P90 pickups that I bought on Reverb from Guitar4Vets. I really like the tones of P90 type pickups...:) I have a Fender G-Dec 30 and Boss Katana 50 watt amps....not too big or too small for a small house...:)

I'm not a very good guitar picker. I don't like playing guitar around others, I use guitar practice as "me" time...:) I also have a Mandolin I play once in a while when I want to explore my Hillbilly(born in Kentucky, raised in South Texas) roots...:)
I admire the ability of you guys who can make music. As my late Dad would say, I can barely carry a tune in a bucket. I did play trombone in elementary and middle school, but the main attraction there was a hot female band teacher. Mrs Greener played flute and violin (that's a fiddle for you Kentucky fellows). I have a 15 year-old granddaughter who can play many instruments including guitar. She may get her music ability from Mrs Greener but I have suggested my son have her DNA tested to be sure. 😆

Music gives us great joy. My hat is off to all the musicians here.

And I have also carried an 870 in a golf bag during a protection detail on the golf course.

I have a handful of guitars and a Washburn mandolin that I noodle on and lots of effects pedals. Love the mandolin because almost anything on it sounds magical. My Ibanez Jem is my go to and I have a MIM Black Strat with EMG active pickups that I’m very fond of. My amp of choice is a 72 Fender Vibro Champ with a Weber Minimass attenuator running through it.

I admire the ability of you guys who can make music. As my late Dad would say, I can barely carry a tune in a bucket. I did play trombone in elementary and middle school, but the main attraction there was a hot female band teacher. Mrs Greener played flute and violin (that's a fiddle for you Kentucky fellows). I have a 15 year-old granddaughter who can play many instruments including guitar. She may get her music ability from Mrs Greener but I have suggested my son have her DNA tested to be sure. 😆

Music gives us great joy. My hat is off to all the musicians here.

And I have also carried an 870 in a golf bag during a protection detail on the golf course.
I don't consider myself a "musician" but I have some buddies who are. One of my buddies is a Recording Engineer and he's always positive and encouraging. I'm hoping when he retires in the next year or so he moves down here (Rio Grande Valley of Texas) to teach me some more.

I played Baritone and then Tuba in Junior High but my dad needed me in the mechanic shop so that was that.

My mom played guitar and sang around the house. About 17 years ago I decided to teach myself guitar. And then one day I played guitar for her and she was surprised and had tears in her eyes. She's been gone 1.5 years and I didn't have feel too motivated to play after she passed but lately I have been in the mood. I have recently picked up one of my acoustic guitars(I have my mom's old acoustic guitar that sits in a hard case...:))

I don't consider myself a "musician" but I have some buddies who are. One of my buddies is a Recording Engineer and he's always positive and encouraging. I'm hoping when he retires in the next year or so he moves down here (Rio Grande Valley of Texas) to teach me some more.

I played Baritone and then Tuba in Junior High but my dad needed me in the mechanic shop so that was that.

My mom played guitar and sang around the house. About 17 years ago I decided to teach myself guitar. And then one day I played guitar for her and she was surprised and had tears in her eyes. She's been gone 1.5 years and I didn't have feel too motivated to play after she passed but lately I have been in the mood. I have recently picked up one of my acoustic guitars(I have my mom's old acoustic guitar that sits in a hard case...:))
That’s cool 👍

Bassbob does play guitar. In fact this morning I have been working out the opening riff to " I Don't Live Today". Sounds very nice on my Telecaster through my Fender amp loaded with Blackplates and NOS preamp tubes with an Alnico Cream 90 speaker. I love that funky chord. In fact the whole "Are You Experienced" album is amazing. Recorded the year I was born.

I almost bought one of those guitar shaped gun cases.
2007689_1.jpg

@Bassbob new avatar??????

My wife is a musician and has, since we are both retired now, been attempting to teach me how to read music. A very difficult job she has!
I can read music but slowly. I never do it unless I’m playing piano, which I rarely do anymore, or if I’m writing down something I’ve written in case I forget it. I have been playing bass and guitar by ear since 1978 or so when I was 9 or 10.

My wife and daughter are both orchestra class musicians. My wife is primarily an oboist but she’s great on piano as well. My daughter never met an instrument she couldn’t play. She was 1st chair flute in the high school band since before she was even in high school. 6th or 7th grade I think.

Did you play in the Marine Band ?
Yes I did play that "Marine Band". And would still if new plates are not just so expensive.
Since with the 12 holes, it has 3 octaves, while a 10 hole is missing some notes and some songs you can't play correct so you have to bend keys.
With 3 octaves I could adjust to make notes better sounding on some songs and not change to another Diatonic key.

While the Marine Band reeds eventually went off tune with brass reeds, I got the Seydel Blues in solo with steel reeds. Now I know why so many who have a Seydel love them.

Back