testtest

Anti-Gunners Triggered By Toy Gun on Zoom

BET7

Ronin
Founding Member
I just came across this. Boy, these anti gun policies are sure getting ridiculous. Sadly, this occurred in my home State of Pa. I can't imagine having to be lectured by a cop about gun safety after explaining it was a toy gun with no "real" firearms in the house. Just as bad is the privacy issues this pandemic and video schooling has and can introduce. I just find this to be pure idiocy. (The NRA article is linked to, inside this article for further information on this occurrence).

Unreal.

I can buy the "triggered" parent being obtuse enough to actually call it in, but to read about the cops actually lecturing the parents EVEN AFTER they knew it was just a toy...wow. Just....wow.

If it were my family that that happened to, you can bet the next "zoom" activity would have my face on there stating, "I will find out which one of you cowards caused this fiasco."
Yes ScottJ, seems to be a privacy of one's own home report that caused a major disruption in this family's life. This pandemic is introducing multiple constitutional issues in my opinion.

That‘s totally stupid, people need mind there own business, they were in THERE OWN HOME.....I would tell the cops to mind there own business, they didn't need to explain anything to them, no crime was committed.

That‘s totally stupid, people need mind there own business, they were in THERE OWN HOME.....I would tell the cops to mind there own business, they didn't need to explain anything to them, no crime was committed.
I'm thinking the same way Anni. I'd just say "I'm not interested in your lecture, now please leave my property" and shut the door to end the conversation there.

Wow, the left is turning our nation into a bunch of sissies! Heck when I was a kid I went everywhere with a pair of shiny six shooters in holsters on my side. They may have been cap guns, but they were loaded! If that happened to me my next confrence would have been from somewhere like this!
image.jpeg

Wow, the left is turning our nation into a bunch of sissies! Heck when I was a kid I went everywhere with a pair of shiny six shooters in holsters on my side. They may have been cap guns, but they were loaded! If that happened to me my next confrence would have been from somewhere like this! View attachment 6648
That image would probably cause the snitch to faint :LOL:. As a kid, me and the neighborhood kids use to have shootouts up and down the street with those plastic round caps that loaded like a revolvers speed loader. That and the "machine guns" that you pulled the ratchet back, released it and it sounded like it was shooting on automatic fire. I can only imagine what current snowflakes ❄, would say about that. :unsure:

I'm thinking the same way Anni. I'd just say "I'm not interested in your lecture, now please leave my property" and shut the door to end the conversation there.
Exactly. The problem here is two fold someone not minding there own business and the family that allowed law enforcement to lecture them. Most likely nothing can be done about the family who called in the complaint over a toy gun however I believe the issue with law enforcement is people are intimidated and feel they can’t or shouldn’t argue with a police officer.
Very wrong.
You have all the right in the world to stand your ground when a police officer oversteps his boundaries.
Absolutely nobody has the right to treat people disrespectfully. Not even the police.

Exactly. The problem here is two fold someone not minding there own business and the family that allowed law enforcement to lecture them. Most likely nothing can be done about the family who called in the complaint over a toy gun however I believe the issue with law enforcement is people are intimidated and feel they can’t or shouldn’t argue with a police officer.
Very wrong.
You have all the right in the world to stand your ground when a police officer oversteps his boundaries.
Absolutely nobody has the right to treat people disrespectfully. Not even the police.
Agreed Keystone. Additionally that family could insist that they will only allow their child to be heard on audio and not video thus turning off their camera. They could claim it was a violation of their privacy, and will no longer participate using their camera, while still enabling the child to see the video/audio of the teacher and other children in their house rooms as before.

I think this assertion from the article probably says it best ..... "This whole thing started because a parent was “made uncomfortable” by the sight of the toy gun. Let’s all take a moment to acknowledge that the parent wasn’t “uncomfortable.” That parent was thrilled at the opportunity to try to impose their own beliefs on another family…and to do it at the point of a real gun." I used to be of a mind that we pro gun folks should try to find ways of compromise with the anti gun folks. But now after many years seeing more and more efforts to infringe since the GCA of 1986, I'm of an entirely different mind. No more compromise, ever!

The emphasis are mine.

Regards,
jumpinjoe

Back