testtest

Any Monkey can clean a gun.

KLGunner

Staff member
Okay guys this is more for laughs but also a great topic. How do you clean your firearms? Is there a special routine you have or do? What products do you use and why? Any Monkey can clean a gun right? video proof is attached (again this part of for laughs)

Okay guys this is more for laughs but also a great topic. How do you clean your firearms? Is there a special routine you have or do? What products do you use and why? Any Monkey can clean a gun right? video proof is attached (again this part of for laughs)

I need that monkey!

I typically clean my guns when I get home from a range session. I mostly use CLP and Breakthrough products for a majority of my cleaning. I stay away from Hoppes #9 (aka gun cologne) because it doesn't really do as good of a job at removing carbon as the other two products I listed. Most of the time I just field strip the guns to be cleaned but I have taken some completely apart on occasion to get the hard to reach areas. I actually enjoy cleaning my guns while playing some tunes.

What a splendid idea..... somebody that can clean my hand cannons from the inside out! 👍

Been using Hoppe's for the last hundred years. Due to the guys on this forum I have ordered some
CLP and Ballisto to try. Never afraid to try something different.
Since the powders don't corrode I may go several trips to the range between cleaning.

Wife won't clean them for me, and dislikes the odor of Hoppe's, so I sit next to her watching TV and
clean them all up!!:ROFLMAO:

I switched to CLP myself not long ago, used to use Shooters Choice bore cleaner, Birchwood Casey Barricade for rust, Dillion Precision Snake Oil to lube, Ballistol smells to bad, though my brother swears by it, like I said in another thread, I use Lucas Oil products, they seem to work ok to me, Breakfree, never cared for it, to me, it was gummy.

Last edited:
I used Hoppes for 30 years, then last year switched to Ballistol and am glad I did. Smell is so much better that if I want to clean on the kitchen table I can, although I usually do it on my workbench in the garage. The wife would chase me out of the house when I was using the Hoppes inside.

Back