testtest

Any woodworkers here?

I love the two story cabin bunk bed. Really neat. I was never any good at working with wood. I could and have built work benches out of wood but you don't have to worry about little , fancy details doing that.
Now , give me a welder and some rods and I can build things left and right. 😁

I love the two story cabin bunk bed. Really neat. I was never any good at working with wood. I could and have built work benches out of wood but you don't have to worry about little , fancy details doing that.
Now , give me a welder and some rods and I can build things left and right. 😁
I could use your skills to weld table bases. I can stick steel together, but it is UGLY when I am done. Thank goodness for grinders and spray paint! 😎

Finished this walnut dining table for my oldest son and his family in time for Christmas

Attachments

• signal-2022-12-10-16-54-30-033-2.jpg
    signal-2022-12-10-16-54-30-033-2.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 59
  • signal-2022-12-10-16-54-30-033.jpg
    signal-2022-12-10-16-54-30-033.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 56
Finished this walnut dining table for my oldest son and his family in time for Christmas

Beautiful work HG.

I could use a man with your skills to build a few things I have in my mind. It's true I spent most of my adult life as a carpenter, but I am no "Woodsmith". The things I build always work and function as intended, but few of them are pretty. I am a function over form guy I guess.

I realized a lifelong goal to have a fully equipped woodshop just before I turned 70. My goal is for each of my kids and grandkids to have a piece of furniture I built. In the middle of a walnut dining table right now but my next project is a walnut 1911 presentation box for my oldest son.
Would love to see other folks projects.
My dad realized this dream also before he passed. I have three book cases and a curio case to pass on down to his great grand kids. They are the most treasured furniture pieces I own.there is also a large heavy boot box made from 5/4 which is my personal favorite.

Beautiful work HG.

I could use a man with your skills to build a few things I have in my mind. It's true I spent most of my adult life as a carpenter, but I am no "Woodsmith". The things I build always work and function as intended, but few of them are pretty. I am a function over form guy I guess.
You live in the land of the best walnut lumber in the world, it is where the boards for that table top came from.

You live in the land of the best walnut lumber in the world, it is where the boards for that table top came from.
Short sidebar. When I was married to my first wife we lived on 5 acres out west of here. Not far from Washington, Missouri. In our yard was a Walnut tree that stood about 80' tall with a nice, long, straight trunk. I had a guy just stop by one day and offer me $6000 if I would let him cut that tree down and take the wood. My ( then) wife was vehemently opposed so I refused his offer. Fast forward a year or so and she comes home one day and tells me she is in love with some truck driver from her work. I was crushed. So I got my tools, guns, guitars and my dog and put them in my truck and left. I never got a lawyer. I just signed the papers her lawyer sent me. Never even went to court. This is a very bad idea and I highly suggest no one ever does this. I got royally hosed. My thought was just to get the whole episode over as quickly as possible. Anyway, I am still to this day good friends with her brother. Two things he told me since then have stuck with me.

1) She approached a local drug dealer about 6 months after the divorce and offered him 10k to kill her new husband.

2) She sold that damn Walnut tree for 5k.

Short sidebar. When I was married to my first wife we lived on 5 acres out west of here. Not far from Washington, Missouri. In our yard was a Walnut tree that stood about 80' tall with a nice, long, straight trunk. I had a guy just stop by one day and offer me $6000 if I would let him cut that tree down and take the wood. My ( then) wife was vehemently opposed so I refused his offer. Fast forward a year or so and she comes home one day and tells me she is in love with some truck driver from her work. I was crushed. So I got my tools, guns, guitars and my dog and put them in my truck and left. I never got a lawyer. I just signed the papers her lawyer sent me. Never even went to court. This is a very bad idea and I highly suggest no one ever does this. I got royally hosed. My thought was just to get the whole episode over as quickly as possible. Anyway, I am still to this day good friends with her brother. Two things he told me since then have stuck with me.

1) She approached a local drug dealer about 6 months after the divorce and offered him 10k to kill her new husband.

There's a Danielle Steel book in there.....

People ask me why I hate girl scout cookies, just cannot stand the damn things. Now, as Paul Harvey would say,the rest of the story, to find out what this has to do with your story.

When we first got married we had a little section of my dad's property we were going to build on after I got out of college. I ordered 100 black Walnut trees and planted them on there. Well the girl scouts bought the section of property adjoining to it and fenced it off, using political clout to have the access road closed. Long story short I lost easy access to the property. The only access I had, which the judge agreed with the girl scouts as adequate was over a ravine and thru a swampy area. I could see this would have made a huge headache for the rest of time for a driveway. So, never did build there. Them trees sure did grow up pretty though. Walked over that way last fall and said a few choice words as I admired them.

Back