testtest

Are you really ready?

No one is really ready.
1697810915252.png

There is ready, and then there is READY. Pro Digy ll's post says it all. How ready are you to survive if an act of nature scatters your home and everything you own across half the country side and all your stocked provisions. ammo, shelter, everything is gone? How "ready" are you to survive with just the shirt on your back?

And then there is "an act of war"! If anyone should have been prepared for it, it should have been Israel and yet we are still shocked with the aftermath of what happened there. I try to imagine how I would react if I looked up from my breakfast table and saw several armed armed terrorists in trucks or on motorcycles racing up my driveway raking the house with automatic weapons as they came. Hell, even if I had an AR with a dozen mags next to my cup of coffee I wonder if I would survive. It's scary!

We are about as ready as we are going to get at this stage of our lives. We are better than many, probably less than a few. But like has been said is anyone truly ready.

As I have said before, this is basically our Alamo. At our ages, and my wife's health problems she just ain't hiking out of here, being long without her meds, or living in a tent off grid. This is it, this is where she will be, and after 44 years I ain't leaving her behind. So, I will go down swinging protecting her. I can live with that, or die with it.

We are about as ready as we are going to get at this stage of our lives. We are better than many, probably less than a few. But like has been said is anyone truly ready.

As I have said before, this is basically our Alamo. At our ages, and my wife's health problems she just ain't hiking out of here, being long without her meds, or living in a tent off grid. This is it, this is where she will be, and after 44 years I ain't leaving her behind. So, I will go down swinging protecting her. I can live with that, or die with it.

That's the real deal right there Sid. Anyone who is actually ready or striving to be ready for an invasion of some sort is most likely "A little over the top". Practical is about as good as we can hope for. My house, yeah, I'm probably firmly in the over the top camp. As far as what I carry with me daily it is pretty much only the stuff that I feel is practically useful. Knife, gun, extra ammo, some cash, phone, small med kit, flash light. The kind of stuff that helps you get home if your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

That's the real deal right there Sid. Anyone who is actually ready or striving to be ready for an invasion of some sort is most likely "A little over the top". Practical is about as good as we can hope for. My house, yeah, I'm probably firmly in the over the top camp. As far as what I carry with me daily it is pretty much only the stuff that I feel is practically useful. Knife, gun, extra ammo, some cash, phone, small med kit, flash light. The kind of stuff that helps you get home if your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.
Bingo, we carry things that will help us get home. Ghb, Spare firearm, ammunition, med kit, lights, knives, boots with boot socks, hat, gloves.

In my old kickboxing and boxing days we always had a pair Boxing gloves for anybody who walked in the karate school or boxing gym who thought they were a bad a$$.

We also had "release forms" because some people will sue you even if they tried to hurt you and you just hit them as hard as they were trying to hit you.

I had a big guy (over 250 pounds) ask to try one of my karate classes. We started out pretty easy but he started increasing the contact and such. I had to hit him hard enough to get his attention. He was so impressed with how easy it seemed to hit him hard he signed up for a year of classes and then kept training with me (got his black belt) until I relocated from Arkansas back to Texas. I miss training that big guy...:)

I cringe sometimes watching at how hard Tyson hit. He had incredible body mechanics that only came with a lots of good training and his stocky build. What a fighter...:)

Like an old coach used to say "Big talk, little do, makes a monkey out of you."..:)

Back