testtest

Armscor skills info

TidalWave

Professional
There’s two things I want to post, one because I thought it was an interesting very short vid on self defense skills, the other I’m asking for feedback on their “10 Commandments” for cleaning a 1911 (arguably a skill?)
See
and

There’s two things I want to post, one because I thought it was an interesting very short vid on self defense skills, the other I’m asking for feedback on their “10 Commandments” for cleaning a 1911 (arguably a skill?)
See
and

Thanks for posting TW,
Pretty much agree.
On #5 Hadn't really thought of why of compatibility when cleaning old lubricants out when using new types but do it religiously anyways to clear out any possible contaminates trapped in old lubricant. The why of lubricant compatibility is another good point to remember on the why of it.

On silicone lubricants/sealants in general? Never use the stuff, has caused more headaches and screw ups than it's worth when used in different applications. There's just as good or better alternatives to silicone.

The practice video's good reinforcement. Is nice seeing different methods too. Never enough of them. Rarely know which one's right until that moment.

What about that “don’t clean it too often” line ? Anything questionable about that or any of the other commandments ?
Honestly? Yes, you can clean too often. You can inadvertently damage your bore or other parts when cleaning quite easily...if the gun is running fine, and you've only put a couple magazines through it, there's really no need to clean. It's not like we're still using corrosive primers that will pit your bore if you don't clean after every shooting session.

Talk to some high-level bullseye shooters--they don't clean until function or accuracy is impacted; just add lube...hundreds of rounds through their multi-thousand dollar custom builds without a brush or patch. What do they know that average shooters don't, I wonder?

Thanks for posting TW,
Pretty much agree.
On #5 Hadn't really thought of why of compatibility when cleaning old lubricants out when using new types but do it religiously anyways to clear out any possible contaminates trapped in old lubricant. The why of lubricant compatibility is another good point to remember on the why of it.

On silicone lubricants/sealants in general? Never use the stuff, has caused more headaches and screw ups than it's worth when used in different applications. There's just as good or better alternatives to silicone.

The practice video's good reinforcement. Is nice seeing different methods too. Never enough of them. Rarely know which one's right until that moment.
Yeah I liked that #5 one also. Hadn’t really thought much about the mix of products...

I always use a coated Dewey cleaning rod on my guns, especially good when you clean revolvers since you have to clean from muzzle end. I was always told to use either a 1 piece coated rod or steel rod, not aluminum or brass ones, something to do with these softer rods can collect material and act like a abrasive tool on the muzzle of guns.

I always use a coated Dewey cleaning rod on my guns, especially good when you clean revolvers since you have to clean from muzzle end. I was always told to use either a 1 piece coated rod or steel rod, not aluminum or brass ones, something to do with these softer rods can collect material and act like a abrasive tool on the muzzle of guns.
Wrapping cleaning rods with electrical tape may also help? Thoughts, tape is more replaceable....

Back