testtest

ATF's proposed definition of "personal collection" of firearms is missing something

Annihilator

Emissary
Founding Member
Been reading this now in several articles, does this actually mean say if you wanted to sell your Colt collection and you make a small profit, do you fall under this proposed new rule? Everyone knows certain guns appreciate in value over times, got to wonder what is really going on

I would have said a Glock collection….but everyone knows you don’t sell perfection!!

Last edited:
Listening to one of my favorite podcasts today, Dan Bongino went off on these new gun grabbing, made up rules being crafted to screw with law abiding citizens.

He mentions that included in these new rules is a clause for violations (and confiscation) anyone that transfers to relatives or friends whether inheritance of gifting without official background checks and keeping of records.

With this selling of firearms, it now becomes an IRS issue. Selling anything is now income and has to be reported on the 1040. Having collectables has no bearing nor does being a hobbyist or a retailer when it comes to income AND record keeping, should they come a knocking.

It was mentioned also that some people like to say “it fell into the deep end of the lake” but be forewarned this excuse of “losing” anything, this stuff when lost has to be reported and recorded to authorities and applicable insurance agencies.
So even jokingly, it’s not wise to ever use the term “lost it in the lake” should there be any inquiry as to personal collections even if it’s just a random visit after a shopping trip or two at the LGS. We don’t know what threshold they’ll set which might cause a flag.

Now you know why the IRS needs 8700 more field agents - not accountants.

Who are these relatives you speak of. Name names. We want names.

(Fade in music… Beach Baby, First Class - 1974)

“Do you remember back in old LA,
When everybody drove a chevrolet,
Whatever happened to the boy next door,
Suntanned, crewcut, all-american male?“

But wait, what about…
- Statute of limitations
- Search and Seizure
- Due process
- Attorney/Client privilege
- Right to speedy trial
- Bail Bond.

The leader has a huge chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind.
It’s not the law, it’s the process of preparing for a legal defense. They already know most cannot afford a long drawn out procedure….when they get around to setting the pace of proceedings.

My take on this…….
If this isn’t about everything we as consumers, users and sellers of all personal property (ie) vehicles, electronics, tools, and yes guns….
“you get the picture”
or even private sales or transfers to family of above said items including expensive dogs and cats then in it about the ability of making a profit but only about firearms then this is another example/maneuver by the current administration to control and regulate freedoms assured us by the constitution then America will soon be like Canada and other countries. Freedomless.

I'm sorry, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to name, or establish, ANY Democrat who gives a tinker's damn about any Constitution. Chicanery is now accepted in elections, soul-selling to garner votes is commonplace, controlling the populace is the primary objective. Many Republicans aren't far behind, I'm afraid. Apologies, if required. End transmission. . .

Been reading this now in several articles, does this actually mean say if you wanted to sell your Colt collection and you make a small profit, do you fall under this proposed new rule? Everyone knows certain guns appreciate in value over times, got to wonder what is really going on

I would have said a Glock collection….but everyone knows you don’t sell perfection!!
But nobody appreciates Glocks... 😉

I'm sorry, but I'm finding it more and more difficult to name, or establish, ANY Democrat who gives a tinker's damn about any Constitution. Chicanery is now accepted in elections, soul-selling to garner votes is commonplace, controlling the populace is the primary objective. Many Republicans aren't far behind, I'm afraid. Apologies, if required. End transmission. . .
I think in reality MOST republicans aren't far behind. And of the small number of them that do care about the constitution I would guess that a sizable percentage really don't, they just pretend to for their voter base.

What they're after are the private sellers at gun shows. The guys who show up at every show, get a few tables, have maybe a dozen or so guns and sell 'em off the books so to speak.
We've all seen them. Most of us have done business with them. I've done it myself a couple of times.
Its a side hustle. Nothing more. Under the old rules, as long as it wasn't your primary livelihood, it was perfectly legal. A private sale between two individuals.
I'm getting old. I have a fairly large collection. My sons will get some of them, but they don't need 'em all. I've long thought that I should thin the herd and sell some of them off. The plan was to take them to a gun show and get a table or two just to make it faster and easier. Thus saving my sons the time and trouble of selling them when I'm gone. My boys need the money much more than the guns. This sure screws that plan up. :mad:

DJT was not wrong when he said ‘they’re coming for your guns’.

Nobody has to look closely or sift for answers to what’s going on, the process is
Demoralization > Destabilization > Crisis > Normalization.

It’s no secret what they’re the goal is and these are deliberate rule changes based on political whim with intention to harass a particular class of citizens.

I‘ll give you an example about here in Chicago. If you ever stepped into a Cook County felony courtroom for gun cases, it’s more often than not the excuses made by violent assailants for having a gun was “it not mine or my cousins, an unknown friend, some dude… sold it to me on the street or gave it to me“. It’s almost every case besides “I found it”. Not only is the charge reduced the matter goes no further, leniency even for multiple occurrences over time.

So by that defense alone, it falls under this same purview the ATF is now declaring - Unlawful Transfer of a Firearm. Do you think for a minute the ATF/FBI/IRS will be intervening in local gun crimes? Will they be issuing warrants breaking down doors of gangbangers even though our city is saying there’s this gang war going on causing all the shootings and continuing murders? NO.

You won’t find ATF sitting in courtrooms waiting to do followups or any fact finding missions. They may get some notification from the local PDs but these have little concern … now it’s all about political value. Agencies were once part of the local court process, seeking out violent gun and sex offenders. Even on a case by case approach, interviews were part of uncovering and gathering intelligence on larger scale trafficking operations. When the cities declared Sanctuary all these federal level investigative initiatives for the most part were abolished.

Chicago and all big city leaders with escalating gun violence want to emphasize the issue of gun ownership but would never and do not push for incarceration. Our new imbecile mayor just this week once again repeated the typical progressive credo “we cannot arrest our way out of the problem”.

Came across this article from the Buckeye Firearms Association

1694624736064.png

Yeah, I often buy guns to study and compare them with my other guns. I will be studying and comparing 1911's soon.

What's next on their agenda? When you sell your home it has to be through a government approved real estate broker. Or when you sell your car it has to be through a government approved dealer. No private sales/trades/gifts of anything w/o government knowledge and approval.

"You will own nothing and be happy"... Klaus the globalist

Back