testtest

Attemping to change CC habit

They are IMO among the worst stock triggers of any gun I own. The XD mod 2 is much smoother and lighter. The Walther Q5 makes a Shield trigger feel like it’s encased in concrete.
MY XD 45 Mod 2 has one of the best striker fired triggers I've ever owned, a close 2nd being my Taurus G3 9mm. That's one of my main concerns with the Shield 45 is that the hinged trigger feels very light as far as it would not take much pressure to fire it. I've thought seriously about having an Apex trigger installed.

MY XD 45 Mod 2 has one of the best striker fired triggers I've ever owned, a close 2nd being my Taurus G3 9mm. That's one of my main concerns with the Shield 45 is that the hinged trigger feels very light as far as it would not take much pressure to fire it. I've thought seriously about having an Apex trigger installed.

The Apex will be lighter and much smoother.

That's what I've heard pretty much across the board from everyone I've spoken to about the APEX trigger. I've never actually fired a handgun with the APEX trigger but they get rave reviews.

I’m comfortable carrying something like the Q5 Match, which has arguably the best trigger on any striker. I would be perfectly comfortable carrying my Shields if they had Apex kits in them too. They’re carry guns though and thousands of hours of drills with them prove that I shoot them well enough without any trigger work. If they were range or competition guns those stock triggers would be the first thing to go.

I’m comfortable carrying something like the Q5 Match, which has arguably the best trigger on any striker. I would be perfectly comfortable carrying my Shields if they had Apex kits in them too. They’re carry guns though and thousands of hours of drills with them prove that I shoot them well enough without any trigger work. If they were range or competition guns those stock triggers would be the first thing to go.
Agreed. The accuracy of the Shield 45 is what led me to buying one. I've never had a 45 of this size that I could shoot this accurately at 20 yards and in. And to be honest, the trigger itself I don't mind at all, it breaks clean, but it feels like it breaks easily as well as clean....if that even makes any sense, as far as compared to my Taurus handguns or my Springfield. On those, there is a noticeable trigger pull, but on the Shield it seem like almost a hair trigger. Anyway, I'm probably not describing it very well, or like I said, it's more mental than anything else...lol

My personal award for just about the best striker trigger would be the CZ P10C 9mm. It has one of the smoothest triggers I've ever encountered. It's on my to buy list very close to the top of the list right behind the SA XDM-Elite 9mm.

You just need to come to terms with the fact that if nothing PULLS the trigger...it won't fire.

Regardless of how heavy or light that pull is.

The safeties are there to make sure it only fires, when you (properly) pull the trigger, on purpose. Pull weight has nothing at all to do with this.

I carry IWB, kydex shell with either a leather backer, or a neoprene-wrapped stainless sheet backer. NO WAY that trigger is getting pulled while my XDs is in the holster.

You just need to come to terms with the fact that if nothing PULLS the trigger...it won't fire.

Regardless of how heavy or light that pull is.

The safeties are there to make sure it only fires, when you (properly) pull the trigger, on purpose. Pull weight has nothing at all to do with this.

I carry IWB, kydex shell with either a leather backer, or a neoprene-wrapped stainless sheet backer. NO WAY that trigger is getting pulled while my XDs is in the holster.

This. Exactly.

A broken part inside the firearm, that would allow the firing pin to travel forward when it's not supposed to.

That's about it.

And said broken part would make itself known, the last time the weapon was fired (before it even went into the holster).

But...can't argue with peace of mind, I suppose. Which is why I suggested the snap-cap as a personal demonstration of "see? I told you I was safe to carry like this!" ;)
My brother in law, is with the US Marshals and tells me countless stories on encounters with issues with service weapons. There was a Glock that had several parts, not in proper working order, but the pistol would fire if you manually racked the slide. There are several other stories he has told me, more or less on how tough these pistols are in regards to what happens if something goes wrong and you may have to manually rack it or load it round by round but it will fire with parts, not in spec, per say.
I don’t see a broken part causing a pistol to fire, I've read where they can jam. I could see something, possibly getting lodged inside your holster and pressing the trigger, at worse case scenario.
Do what makes you feel comfortable. Get to a range and train with your firearm and practice your reloads. Dry fire your weapon. Practice your draw-stroke. Your number one safety is your trigger finger.

I love my APEX trigger. It’s a good upgrade over the factory trigger.
4A47AFE9-08BE-4970-8298-9EC85D430021.jpeg

Back