testtest

Avoid the Fatal Funnel: Surviving a Home Invasion

For me I don't own anything that is worth my life, its just stuff. I'm calling 911 and waiting with by my truck, gun in hand. Obviously if I thought my wife or one of my kids could be in the home, I'm going in locked and loaded. As far as clearing the home solo to catch a thief, I went to school with the local police chief and would call him directly probably before calling 911 as he is less than 5 minutes from me.

New Hampshire is a lot more free with the laws in protecting yourself or home as shown in the article below. I'm not saying I condone the actions the man in the article took but each state has different laws regarding self defense and some states will do everything they can to hang you high like in Massachusetts if you did doing exactly what happened in the article below. It's always best to call the authorities and let them handle it unless an innocent life is in danger and you are left with no choice.

Last edited:
I agree with Hans. There is nothing in my home that is worth my life, my wife's life, my family's lives. Possessions can be replaced. First off, we have a security system, so nobody is going to get into our house without us knowing. If we are out, then police will be notified and they can handle it. If, for whatever reason, the security system didn't work, and we come home and find evidence of someone possibly being in the house, they we will call in the professionals.

Now, if we are home at the time, and someone breaks in, that is different. I have several different scenarios planned out for just such an emergency.

Call the cops. Let the pros handle it.

I live in a small town; response will be under 5 minutes. Additionally, my house, as described by a buddy’s son who is currently with the Teams, is a “f***ing nightmare” to clear with anything short of an actual team of people who know WTF they’re doing. He said he wouldn’t consider doing it solo unless there was no other possible choice…and even then, he wouldn’t expect a good outcome.

When a pro like that talks, I listen.

In short, it isn’t time for amateur hour.

Hans, you're going to feel a little Deja Vu here for a second.

What if you come home and you notice your front door open and the door jamb shattered. Now your wife and kids are or were supposed to be in the house. You waiting for the cops ?

Every time he entered the room he could have been shot in the back, second video with this same guy, good information but I’m not impressed with the presenter.
I’ve done multiple drills in my apartment and I’m confident I’ll have the upper hand every time. The one thing I’ve focused on was bullet travel luckily all walls that I would be shooting in the direction of has no neighbors on the other side so collateral damage is no issue.
That was something I wondered about, when traversing the funnel do you scan right or left and sweep the other way. He knew where the camera was so his reaction time was at the best. I guess there are a lot of factors to make that determination, but he mentions nothing about it.

Most of my HD plans involve making the funnels work in my favor—in other words, make them come to me.

I really can’t think of a realistic scenario where I’m going to try to clear my house.
I’d clear/check my house if my kids were home.
Two story house. If I’m in bed and really think someone is in the house, I’ll go make sure they are not going to get upstairs to the kids.

No kids home, I’d probably let them make it me. (Barring the dog already didnt take their arm off upon entry)

I’d clear/check my house if my kids were home.
Two story house. If I’m in bed and really think someone is in the house, I’ll go make sure they are not going to get upstairs to the kids.

No kids home, I’d probably let them make it me. (Barring the dog already didnt take their arm off upon entry)
That's the caveat to the barricade in a safe room behind cover with a phone and a gun and make them come to you plan. You got other loved ones in the house? Time for a new plan.

Back