testtest

Ayoob: Do You Make These 1911 Mistakes?

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled "Ayoob: Do You Make These 1911 Mistakes?" and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/ayoob-do-you-make-these-1911-mistakes/.

The stiff finger down the frame is holllywood, just like shooting with the handgun turned sideways and held above the head. I'm an USPSA master and have never placed a finger in front of my loaded 1911's. You should keep an eye on your friend. He's a little off.

I've never done a "press check" before. I can feel when the slide picks up the first round and chambers correctly. Besides, there are loaded chamber indicators and verification holes on most newer handguns.

An excellent article. I have one of the bad habits mentioned that I will now work on correcting. One of the habits I have been criticized for is not having my thumb on top of the safety. Its nice to see 'my method' of having my thumb just under the safety affirmed by Ayoob.

I have been criticized for is not having my thumb on top of the safety.
I am bad about that too. I have bumped my safety on. Actually I didn't know it was a thing. I have owned several .45's stating with my High-point that I loved. But I am on my first 1911. It's great. Always wanted a Government model, should have bought one when it was less than a house payment.

Back