testtest

Ayoob: How to Draw from a Shoulder Holster

I like shoulder holsters when I’m going to be driving for a long distance; first, it’s a lot more comfortable and second it’s faster to draw than strong side while seated in the driver’s seat.

I’ve got a Galco shoulder rig that holds my snub 686+ quite nicely, with two speed strips on the other side (basically useless, but…better to have it, yadda yaddda yadda….).
I really like my S&W 686, it is in Midnight Black w/ 4" barrel, bought it in the late 80's when stationed in San Diego, though I must profess I really enjoy my Ruger GP100 a bit more, for me it seems to have a better trigger pull / feel, though I rarely shoot anything but .38.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Ayoob: How to Draw from a Shoulder Holster” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/how-to-draw-from-a-shoulder-holster/.

As with many things, advanced technology has mostly remedied the fanning problem common to shoulder holsters. Springbreak, Timeless Roto-Shoulder, Lobo Gun Leather and POYOLEE all offer spring retention holsters, which instead of an "up and out" draw you simply grab and snap straight forward to free your firearm, leaving the muzzle pointed down until you are ready to aim and fire.

As with many things, advanced technology has mostly remedied the fanning problem common to shoulder holsters. Springbreak, Timeless Roto-Shoulder, Lobo Gun Leather and POYOLEE all offer spring retention holsters, which instead of an "up and out" draw you simply grab and snap straight forward to free your firearm, leaving the muzzle pointed down until you are ready to aim and fire.
Nothing new here…in the mid-90s, I purchased a Minute Man holster set. Set consisted of a shoulder rig and I purchased 3 holsters…for a Sigma, 5904 and Makarov. Each holster is inserted into the rig and secured by a Chicago screw and wide elastic band. Pistol is held vertically, but when drawn, the screw and band allow it to pivot and be drawn horizontally. Band had been in use since 1994 and has not lost its elasticity. I have purchased some more off of EBay , and can now also carry my Shield. Probably the best holster I have bought over the decades.

Hello all, here is today's article posted on TheArmoryLife.com. It is titled “Ayoob: How to Draw from a Shoulder Holster” and can be found at https://www.thearmorylife.com/how-to-draw-from-a-shoulder-holster/.

As usual, Mas is right when it comes to a shoulder rig being a sound choice for those of us who have lower back and hip problems. I've spent over 35 years strong side hip both outside and inside the waistband. No more. Anyway, one piece of advice I think is crucial - do NOT go "cheap." I briefly used a nylon and Velcro rig, "just to have something," but almost lost my Glock 30SF at a very bad time. Now, my Galco fits right and doesn't print and is SECURE!

There are several models of vertical hold spring retention holsters out there. When you draw you pull your firearm straight out in front of you, keeping the muzzle pointed down until you clear your toes, they bring it up to presentation. Almost zero risk of flagging.
1711299029348.png

Back