testtest

Bad Guy Dreams

tapehoser

Elite
Every once-in-a-while I have one of those "bad guy" dreams where I am confronted with some unsavory character in a situation (home robbery, etc.) where I am forced to draw my concealed firearm and point it at the bad guy. Every time, it ends with me firing many rounds at the person due to their unrelenting desire to harm me or my family.

You would think the dream would end there and that the good guys escape without injury.

However, in every dream, I start shooting at the BG and the bullets travel at about 5 mph and hit the BG with little effect. And the BG keeps coming at me while I literally empty my chamber into his torso.

I don't use cheap guns. I don't carry garbage. I don't carry guns that are unreliable. If a gun is unreliable, I get rid of it.

A psychologist might say that the dream is simply the effect of my desire to not WANT to pull my gun and use it against someone. That it is a deep-seated desire to only use that gun if I am forced to in a really bad situation.

What say ye?

Have you had similar dreams and how do you interpret them? Or do you even care? :cool:

In my dream I have to pull my gun and when the police show up they completely ignore what the other guy was doing and arrest me.

As I've mentioned before the last time that I had to pull a gun on somebody at work the biggest thing that was going through my mind was I'm going to lose my job over this. Am I Justified? Will the police believe that I was justified? Am I going to get arrested even if I was justified? How am I going to pay for the lawyer?

I think when I have that dream those questions are just playing themselves out in my sleeping mind

1714411172235.png

Every once-in-a-while I have one of those "bad guy" dreams where I am confronted with some unsavory character in a situation (home robbery, etc.) where I am forced to draw my concealed firearm and point it at the bad guy. Every time, it ends with me firing many rounds at the person due to their unrelenting desire to harm me or my family.

You would think the dream would end there and that the good guys escape without injury.

However, in every dream, I start shooting at the BG and the bullets travel at about 5 mph and hit the BG with little effect. And the BG keeps coming at me while I literally empty my chamber into his torso.

I don't use cheap guns. I don't carry garbage. I don't carry guns that are unreliable. If a gun is unreliable, I get rid of it.

A psychologist might say that the dream is simply the effect of my desire to not WANT to pull my gun and use it against someone. That it is a deep-seated desire to only use that gun if I am forced to in a really bad situation.

What say ye?

Have you had similar dreams and how do you interpret them? Or do you even care? :cool:
Constantly. And they are the same. Punches are ineffective, stabbing, shooting ineffective. Half the time the gun doesn't fire. I kinda think this is universal. Because I stupidly trained myself when I was young to remember all my dreams. I can't stress how terrible an idea that was. I haven't had a decent night's sleep since. Anyway, I am also able to dream lucidly. That is, I know that I can control what is going on. And I still almost never can get a gun to work or be effective or punches or anything else to be effective. I figure it must be that way for everyone.

Man I am seriously not kidding about training yourself to mess with your dreams and remember them all. I rank it as one of the worst decisions I have ever made. And I have never been able to undo it.

Back