testtest

Balance Powder Scale~~~~ Is it set right?

SMSgtRod

Professional
Founding Member
Love the Balance Scale and trust it for general reloading. Don't trust myself.
The increments can be easily misread is my fear.

So for $35 I have some Calibration Weights. Adjust the scale for Zero.
Set the scale to the desired weight then put the required amount of weights in the powder pan.
Check for zero. If you are setting in something other than 0.5gram increments you can set to the
nearest half and once balanced reset to the few tenths that you desire.

I like that "second opinion" when the weights confirm my settings.
The set I use, pictured below, you will need to steal the gals tweezers. Or preventing trouble, buy
a set at your pharmacy or Wally World. Use the tweezers not the fingers. Don't want to get body oils
on the weights. May cause corrosion or add weight over time using those pinky's.

Weights provide another margin of safety that your powder charge will be correct.

Weight Set.JPG

Love the Balance Scale and trust it for general reloading. Don't trust myself.
The increments can be easily misread is my fear.

So for $35 I have some Calibration Weights. Adjust the scale for Zero.
Set the scale to the desired weight then put the required amount of weights in the powder pan.
Check for zero. If you are setting in something other than 0.5gram increments you can set to the
nearest half and once balanced reset to the few tenths that you desire.

I like that "second opinion" when the weights confirm my settings.
The set I use, pictured below, you will need to steal the gals tweezers. Or preventing trouble, buy
a set at your pharmacy or Wally World. Use the tweezers not the fingers. Don't want to get body oils
on the weights. May cause corrosion or add weight over time using those pinky's.

Weights provide another margin of safety that your powder charge will be correct.

View attachment 430
EXACTLY!

Back