testtest

Ballistic Gel Bullet Testing — What You Need To Know

Talyn

SAINT
Founding Member
Ballistic Gelatin 101 and why and how bullets are tested in this medium.

Ballistic Gel Bullet Testing — What You Need To Know

1608503968965.png

I think the temporary cavity will still hurt....

It might, it might not. It is generally accepted, though, that in most carry handgun calibers, it doesn’t do enough damage to be considered.

The “Owie” factor more falls into the realm of the psychological stop than the physiological.

Either way, though, gel wasn’t designed to measure it.

Why recreate the wheel? There are reams of scientific ballistic research, especially terminal ballistic research. Call training or R&D divisions of your sheriff's office. My money's on it sharing scientific research with you.

Reality is there is no testing media than can replicate an extremely deadly threat who's operating under the influence of dangerous drugs; e.g., PCP & meth. Diversion and escaping skills are good to know when confronted by such threats.

Ballistic Gelatin has been used for decades to simulate terminal bullet performance and potential effects on two-legged threats, for scientific research.

Especially, since volunteers are typically few and far between.

Especially, since volunteers are typically few and far between.

Research scientists are looking in all the wrong places. San Quentin has 780+ worst of really bad guys on death row. Ya know, it would save CA taxpayers a whole lotta $$$ and facilitate acquisition of scientific knowledge if they just would...

If I ever lose my sense of humor, schedule me for euthanasia. Reality would be unbearable w/o searching for humor within a maze of chaotic dissembling.

Back