testtest

Battle of the 4.25" 1911 Pistols — Garrison vs. Emissary

A few years ago Springfield made a Range Officer Champion which I owned. I came with a 4" barrel,and was very accurate but they don't make it anymore. So now I own the Garrison in 45 but conceal carry I've got a Colt Defender Lightweight in 45 and it has a 3"barrel. Upgraded the grips to Hogue rubber with finger groves which helps to hold on to this little kicker

I prefer the traditional look of the Garrison because I strongly dislike the rail, hand grenade grip texture and the bull barrel. I prefer the Emissary sights, but I'm not spending that much more money for a gun I don't like just for the sights.
There are a crapload of variations on the 1911, so if one doesn't appeal, there are plenty more to wade through.

Both are a bad choice for concealed. Both weigh a ton, give me an aluminum frame. Don't want a cheese grater digging in my side either with that rail.

Having some add on's added to my USP45 full size, while in there I found a used P229 Legion for sale at 898.00 may look into it but the down side I'd have to start collecting 9mm ammo.

Having some add on's added to my USP45 full size, while in there I found a used P229 Legion for sale at 898.00 may look into it but the down side I'd have to start collecting 9mm ammo.
As a full-on devotee of the USP—

For that price, and assuming it’s in good condition…grab that Legion.

Back