testtest

Beretta 92FS: Still a Popular Pistol Option

My 92FS Compact (Top) & 92x (Bottom). I just love them :sneaky:

9E63FB04-B5C8-44BD-A842-4933AE8ADEC5.jpeg

I have been intrigued by the Beretta 92's for some time. I didn't know if I wanted to make the full financial commitment to purchase a Beretta, so I made the mistake of buying the Taurus version. After reading so many articles and reviews stating that 92's were the one of the few reliable models Taurus produces, I took a chance. Taurus has honored the warranty, but the gun has spent as much time back at the factory as it has on the range. I highly advise anyone who is curious about the 92 to go ahead and spend the extra money up front to get the real thing.

I have been intrigued by the Beretta 92's for some time. I didn't know if I wanted to make the full financial commitment to purchase a Beretta, so I made the mistake of buying the Taurus version. After reading so many articles and reviews stating that 92's were the one of the few reliable models Taurus produces, I took a chance. Taurus has honored the warranty, but the gun has spent as much time back at the factory as it has on the range. I highly advise anyone who is curious about the 92 to go ahead and spend the extra money up front to get the real thing.
I made the same mistake...at least my PT92 functioned.

However...I shot my buddy's 92FS shortly after I got the Taurus, and there was no comparison. The Beretta was slick, smooth trigger, smooth action...compared the the clunky, gritty PT?

I traded it for a used 92FS that week. No regrets at all.

My first center fire pistol was the Taurus PT-99 and I still love it and the design, it has never failed no matter what type of ammo I've used in it. My son has the 92 FS compact and after shooting that, it is on the next pistol to get list. I am a fan!

When I joined the Air Force in 1986 as a Security Policeman (SP), we were still carrying Smith & Wesson M15 .38 Special revolvers. Sometime before the Gulf War, we were issued the Beretta M9. Loved both these handgun makes and models and now own civilian versions of both.

Back